What Happened to the Backs?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    inkonvelvet

Default What Happened to the Backs?

I just looked on the Barnes and Noble site and they no longer seem to offer the colourful backs. I am sad now because I was considering one of those. Does anyone know if they'll be offered again?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: What Happened to the Backs?

I'm glad you saw that too! I looked for them today and couldn't find them either.
    Now reading: Sula by Toni Morrison, Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes

How weird! I was just looking at them this afternoon and was thinking of buying one. I wonder why they removed them?

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I have been interested in the different colored backs since I first ordered my nook. I noticed that they kept pushing the date you can order it further and further back. Hopefully it is just a mistake on their site and they were accidentally omitted. I noticed that when you click on the Device Backs and Frames link, that there is still a group picture of them at the top of the page and then just the frames for sale below that.

Puck

That is weird. I kept wanting to order the blue one but they kept pushing the date back. I wonder why they are gone now.
    Currently reading:
    Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1) - Cassandra Clare

TonyM

I saw someone say that their back cover was getting discolored from the heat of normal use. They may be trying to resolve this issue before selling new ones. Note that this is purely speculation.

Puck

I think B&N is having problems with their vendors on a number of accessories. I was going to get one of the silicone frames, and depending on the day, or even the time of day you looked at their site they were either avaiable to ship within 24 hours or coming soon! This has been fluctuating back and forth like this for the past couple weeks! Ordering one is like trying the smack those automated ground hogs at the arcade! I just hope some of the mainstream vendors start to carry accessories for the nook, they seem to be more reliable with their availability.

I also feel that the availability issues stem from the rush to get nook to the market prior to Christmas, I don't think they had all their ducks in a row before they flipped the switch...
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

d'Artagnan

I've had one of those backs on order for a while! Considering that they've cancelled my case orders three different times, they darned well better ship me that back since one of the reasons I ordered the nook was being able to have it in a color I like. I like my nook, but they really need to get their act together!

Puck

Oh sweet irony! I called B&N on Friday and cancelled my order of my "grass" back because they kept changing my date. Also, I was just plain ticked at B&N because they cancelled my Hutton case in Petal within 24 hours of ordering with no reason whatsoever! The funny thing is the customer service rep made no mention that they had removed them from the ordering site 2 days prior! Was B&N just going to blow me off and never tell me that I wasn't getting it? Hmmmmm.......! I will wait and see what other companies might come up with eventually because I LOVED the color back cover concept!
    ~*Stephanie*~

Currently reading on Two-Lu - BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia

Bask in my normalcy and read my ramblings on my blog - http://www.rowdysmommy.blogspot.com/

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by RowdysMom
    Oh sweet irony! I called B&N on Friday and cancelled my order of my "grass" back because they kept changing my date. Also, I was just plain ticked at B&N because they cancelled my Hutton case in Petal within 24 hours of ordering with no reason whatsoever! The funny thing is the customer service rep made no mention that they had removed them from the ordering site 2 days prior! Was B&N just going to blow me off and never tell me that I wasn't getting it? Hmmmmm.......! I will wait and see what other companies might come up with eventually because I LOVED the color back cover concept!
    I'm glad that it's not just me that this has happened to! They cancelled my order for a case three different times! It still says my back order is pending, so I'm hoping it will get shipped on the 30th like they are still saying it will.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast