sticky silicon skin?

Tiny Tim

Default sticky silicon skin?

so i bought the marine silicon skin from B and N when i got my nook. its like that unchewed piece of gum in the bottom of your purse that collects everything. i love the color and the protection i feel it provides when i set my purse down but hate that its so sticky. i was going to buy a borsa bella bag but afraid that it will stick while getting it in and out and prove to be difficult. so then i thought of getting a different cover for it like the cork one i saw from JAVOsleeve or the wooden sleeve they have, but then feel my $20 was a waste. any suggestions? i would love to return the silcion cover and fine a none sitcky one, but afraid my return period is over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: sticky silicon skin?

No suggestion for you. I too bought one of the silicone sleeves and I hated they way it attracted every piece of dirt and cat hair in the house. (yuck! ). I couldn't stand it so I returned mine and now use a cover to protect it.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Puck

I bought a set of silicone covers for my husband's first iPod. I threw them all away soon after for the same reason.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

i got it almost exactly 14 days ago, so i emailed bandn to see if they will issue a refund and i can return. im hoping to go with something else. on a side note, i have a silicon cover on my ipod touch and its not gummy. which is why i got this one. i love it for my ipod, just not the gummy unchewed gum type.

Mowgli

You should of run it through the dishwasher. I have one and mine is fine now

Tiny Tim

even wiping it down a few times with a wet paper towel greatly reduces the amount of junk it picks up

Puck

I bought a clear silicone skin for my nook from Amazon.com. It was about half the price and it does not attract hair, grit, and grime like the B&N one does. Granted, I didn't have a choice of pretty colors, but I was looking more for protection, and this has afforded me that protection at a fraction of the cost.
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson