I want to ACCESSORIZE DARN IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default I want to ACCESSORIZE DARN IT!

My local store still does not have any accessories. I am dying to buy some more covers but I don't want to just purchase blindly. I bought the Alice cover from bn online and while I like it if I had been able to see it firsthand I would not have made that choice....too white. I've only had it for three months and already it is not so, umm, white. I stuff it in my purse, my backpack and read a ton so it has not stayed very pristine! My store has nooks, just nothing to put them in!!! When will all stores get the accessories? I use zip code 16117 when looking things up and there are no stores in a 100 mile radius to me that have anything but the nook itself. If there are any people in the know on the board any info at all would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: I want to ACCESSORIZE DARN IT!

I know the feeling! I knew that for me, I needed the cover before I even had the Nook, because I knew I'd be throwing it in my purse and didn't want to worry about it getting damaged. My Oberon Designs cover is supposed to arrive tomorrow and then hopefully on Thursday, when I am off, I'm heading over to B&N to buy the Nook. I know here while all the stores have the Nook, none have accessories.

Mowgli

B&N really dropped the ball on this one. No accessories probably has cost them a number of nook sales. I would have bought a cover with my nook if they'd had any in stock. Oh well, B&N's loss is JavoEdge's gain.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I bought my nook on Friday night, and they didn't have any accessories either. I really wanted a cover. The nice salesman directed me to Wal-mart where they have a body glove e-reader bag. Not a cover, but good to slip it in to throw it in my purse because it's very padded. Just black so nothing fancy. Really want a decal girl skin, but can't decide on one, and I decided it would need to wait a few weeks considering I bought the nook, extra warranty, $25 gift card to start me off, and the body glove sleeve. My birthday is Saturday so I am hoping my family will load me up with B&N gift cards. My nook is very plain jane right now.

Tom Sawyer

I tried waiting for BN to carry accessories on website or in the store I was going to but no. The covers that were available either cost more than I was willing to spend or were white inside.
    I talked to my Kindle owning friend and she said she had an Oberon cover, I looked at them and saw how expensive they were and decided no way but some were sooo beautiful I fell in love with the "Roof of Heaven" one and after that the other covers looked ugly....even the "designer" ones.
    I ended up breaking down and buying the Oberon....part of the push was them being located in California as I am I figured it would come fast. It took just a few days and I LOVE the cover. I ordered a Decal Girl skin as well. If I waited for BN I would still be waiting till AT LEAST April 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda
    B&N really dropped the ball on this one. No accessories probably has cost them a number of nook sales. I would have bought a cover with my nook if they'd had any in stock. Oh well, B&N's loss is JavoEdge's gain.
    Why hello there.
    Thanks for the shout-out!
    RavenPoe, I def. understand wanting to see the product before you make the purchase. Luckily, JAVOedge customers have been kind enough to post their own cases in our store thread here if you'd like to take a look...we also offer a 30-day product return too if that helps in allowing you time to try our cases.
    Dah-yeon H. | www.javoedge.com
    Amazon Store
    Our Store Blog
    Twitter

d'Artagnan

I understand your frustration, but the cover I wanted from B&N still isn't available. I wasn't going to wait forever. I needed to protect my nook since I take it everywhere. If it makes you feel better, I have an Oberon cover that I splurged on and an M-Edge Executive cover with a light and I love both of them. I would highly recommend both. There are pictures of them somewhere in the other thread. The way B&N is going, I'd be surprised if they had stuff in stock by Christmas!

Mad Hatter

I went hunting for a cover the day I got my Nook ('cause of how klutzy I am and how fragile the Nook felt to me), I realized it would be too risky to not have one. I was able to buy one of the B&N Bleecker demo covers from a nearish (15 miles away) store. It wasn't in pristine condition and the store wouldn't give me a discount, but I didn't care. It was definitely worth getting a cover.

I would suggest you try a cover soon even if you haven't touched it. Read reviews here and ask questions.

I know it is a pain to return stuff, but I think the protection a cover gives the Nook is worth the effort.

Donna

Super Moderator

I had pretty much the same experience as RavenPoe. Right down to falling in love with the "Roof of Heaven" cover. There is a cover I liked just as much (and was going to get because It's so much cheaper) on B&N's site, it's called the Tupper cover in leaf green and has a lovely quote and suede feel. But since I don't think it's prudent to wait until April 10th (if that even holds true) for a cover to protect my nook, I splurged at Oberon.

I really don't understand the problem B&N is having with the accessories. If the current suppliers aren't doing the job I am SURE they could find suitable replacements. And I also think they should provide some accessories that DON'T cost an arm and a leg. Designer covers are nice and everything but I think they should at least offer some covers that are like $10-$20 because it's not like the nook is cheap either!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Tom Sawyer

Wow Firefly we must have the same taste because the leaf green Tupper cover was the EXACT one I was seriously considering before finding Oberon. I liked the Tupper one because of the color. I LOVE that green. Also liked it was not all white inside like some of the other covers. I also liked the plaid "Dilane" cover but it was not available yet either and I wanted some color in my life. LOL I appreciated the Tupper price but still went with Oberon haha

I also liked the leaf green back cover when I had laying in my cart and now that too is delayed till mid April....was supposed to be available today.

I have no regrets yet buying the Oberon. It was expensive yes but I do love it. I have not had any trouble with it. I read with it folded back which is very nice. The bungee closure has not busted on me yet. I also bought Mighty Bright light yesterday and it clips on nicely to the oberon.

**edit**
    wow I read your post on the other thread. congrats on getting the cover. You mentioned you have the moon fairy skin as well? ME TOO. I did like the blue in the Oberon cover but I love purple so I went with that.
    GMTA .

have fun with your new cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast