The Historian in October? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Puck

Default Re: The Historian in October?

Excellent read! I had to read it for a class while I was in college, and am planning on rereading it for fun Great choice.
    Maria

Currently Reading:
    The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon

Just Finished:
    If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White
    Spinners by Donna Jo Napoli

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    If no one objects I would love to host it! I don't want to trample on anyone elses toes, so if anyone wants to do it with me, or do it themselves, I'm up for that too. Whatever works, just so we can make it happen!

Anne, I am feeling pretty good, I am doing about the same, still in long term care and probably going to be here for awhile, but I feel good and I think that makes all the difference. I'm staying stable, and I'm not sick or anything so I am happy
    I'm still at the same place I have been, I might have moved a room and floor since I last made mention, I'm now in an area that is a lot more quieter and has a much better view. It's the floor for the most stable patients, which is a great sign for my health that I can stay up here.

Thank you so much for asking!! How are you doing?

I am so glad you are doing good. And have moved to the floor for most stable patients. I am doing good. Working and going to school online. I hope you do host the book group for the Historian.

Super Moderator

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a GO! I talked to Rachel and soon there will be a board for The Historian book club. I'm not sure how fast everyone reads and for those of you who have not read The Historian before, it is a rather long book. So depending on how busy your October schedule is (since that is usually when the holidays kind of get kicked off) you might want to just start reading a little bit early and keeping a journal of your thoughts as you go along so you can refer back to them and share them once the book club gets into full swing. This is only a suggestion, I know some people read ridiculously fast and this book is going to be no big deal to them! LOL

For me, I'd say I am a moderate speed reader, but since once I started reading The Historian I couldn't put it down, I read it fairly fast. But my schedule was fairly light too, being off school at the time when I read it for the holidays. So it's all up to you and your schedule and your reading style. I just thought I'd let people chew on it and decide for themselves.

I am SO excited to be part of this, if you can't tell already I am very passionate about this book and I can't wait to discuss it with everyone. Since this is my first book club I want it to be a memorable one, and I'm planning some special surprises too. So stay tuned!!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a GO! I talked to Rachel and soon there will be a board for The Historian book club. I'm not sure how fast everyone reads and for those of you who have not read The Historian before, it is a rather long book. So depending on how busy your October schedule is (since that is usually when the holidays kind of get kicked off) you might want to just start reading a little bit early and keeping a journal of your thoughts as you go along so you can refer back to them and share them once the book club gets into full swing. This is only a suggestion, I know some people read ridiculously fast and this book is going to be no big deal to them! LOL

For me, I'd say I am a moderate speed reader, but since once I started reading The Historian I couldn't put it down, I read it fairly fast. But my schedule was fairly light too, being off school at the time when I read it for the holidays. So it's all up to you and your schedule and your reading style. I just thought I'd let people chew on it and decide for themselves.

I am SO excited to be part of this, if you can't tell already I am very passionate about this book and I can't wait to discuss it with everyone. Since this is my first book club I want it to be a memorable one, and I'm planning some special surprises too. So stay tuned!!

I may start reading soon. I am in school on line and I am taking psychology and Critical Thinking this term. I will do my best to keep up.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anne

I may start reading soon. I am in school on line and I am taking psychology and Critical Thinking this term. I will do my best to keep up.
    Yeah, I figured you would want to, it's a 700 something page book (from what I remember) and I want to make sure that people can read at a comfortable pace, this isn't supposed to be stressful, it's supposed to be fun!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Yeah, I figured you would want to, it's a 700 something page book (from what I remember) and I want to make sure that people can read at a comfortable pace, this isn't supposed to be stressful, it's supposed to be fun!
    You are right it should be fun not stressful. I might start reading it tonight. I have the next four days off. I need to spend time tomorrow doing school work. Tonight I just want to take is easy.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    You are right it should be fun not stressful. I might start reading it tonight. I have the next four days off. I need to spend time tomorrow doing school work. Tonight I just want to take is easy.
    Yeah, I think you'll keep up just fine with the discussion, as long as you keep notes as you go along of like your fav quotes, and your thoughts and stuff that you'd like to talk about, as you read. Then even if you are ahead of where we are in the book at the time, you can always refer back to what you wrote and know what you were thinking about.
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Yeah, I think you'll keep up just fine with the discussion, as long as you keep notes as you go along of like your fav quotes, and your thoughts and stuff that you'd like to talk about, as you read. Then even if you are ahead of where we are in the book at the time, you can always refer back to what you wrote and know what you were thinking about.

Great Idea that is what I am going to do. I not sure how far ahead I will be. I think the Psychology will keep me busy. I have a essay due every week. I think the first one needs to be 400 hundred words. And I have a full time job.

Oliver

Can a newbie join the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by scrapmama
    Can a newbie join the fun?
    Everyone can join

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast