after softroot, nookdev library shows BN books need download again

Tiny Tim

Default after softroot, nookdev library shows BN books need download again

After softrooting, the nookLibrary app shows all my BN books need to be downloaded. With the BN library tool, all I needed to do was recopy the books back to the internal SD card, and all the BN books are accessible. But the nookLibrary still shows that they need to be downloaded. When I select any of these books, the nook tries to download them, but can't. There is no error - instead the nook just continues to show that downloading is in progress. I used nookMarket to get the latest nookLibrary app loaded along with the nookSync app.

Everything else seems fine from the softroot. I installed the apdfViewer, and it works well. That app is the primary reason I softrooted my nook. It would be nice if the nookLibrary could see that the BN books are installed, rather than needing to be downloaded. Other than that, nookLibrary seems to be working well with the books I "side loaded" previously.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: after softroot, nookdev library shows BN books need download again

I think that if you choose to check for all new content in the nookdevs library it should pick those up. I've never had to re-download any B&N book, and have rooted many times with diff versions...

Mowgli

and you shouldn't have to sideload any B&N books as well. Softroot won't delete any of those.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

This problem with books already downloaded being required to download again came up for me once before. This was with the original BN 1.4 firmware. I was using my credit card to buy a lot of inexpensive books and my credit card company caught the transactions and flagged them as fraud until I was able to verify that, in fact, I had been doing the purchasing. Three of the book purchases had been blocked. The credit card company allowed the charges to go through, but apparently, BN had to rerun the purchase through on their end again without recharging my credit card. These three books would not download, saying that there was something wrong with the payment. I went to BN and their customer support people were really good - calling the sales audit people and getting the purchase part on BN's side straightened. The books still would not download, and the customer support again called BN's support and we found out that I had to unregister/reset/register my nook. Then, all the BN books needed to be downloaded (though now the three that had been problematic did download). Instead of doing all that again (I have approximately 200 BN books on my nook), I loaded them from my wife's nook (we have the same account) onto my PC and then onto my nook. That took care of the problem.

This time, the problem is not with the BN reader, but with the nookLibrary.apk application. I did try checking for all new content, but there seems to be a problem with nookLibrary being able to contact BN. I did install nookSync and I also enabled WiFi and had my wireless router running, which my nook did pick up just fine and connect to. So I am not sure what happened. Maybe this coming weekend I will have some free time to look at it again.

Thanks for the responses...

Tony