PRACTICAL & USEFUL IMPROVEMENTS TO THE NOOK SOFTWARE
1. The Dictionary currently in use is limited in definitions. In fact, some everyday but slightly unusual words are not in the dictionary. A better dictionary would go a long way to help the sale of Nooks and to improve this e-reader for its current owners.
2. When I look up a word in the dictionary the cursor appears at the upper left corner and is ready to be moved in front of the word I am wanting to look up. After receiving the definition and I sign off the cursor jumps back to the upper left corner. It would be more convenient if the cursor remained where it is so that it would be nearer to the next word on the page that I might want to look up. This would save time and a little frustration.
3. When I go to the next page I find that the dictionary cursor is not at the upper left corner. It would be convenient and a time-server if the cursor would move along with the changing of the pages instead of having to recall the dictionary/cursor.
4. Sometimes when I call up the dictionary to look up the definition of a word and move the cursor to the word the software goes into some kind of a loop and the cursor will not move and I have to cancel the operation to free up the cursor.
5. The dictionary is not available in the "MY DOCUMENTS" section of the Nook. This is a great disappointment as I rely heavily on the dictionary to ensure that the meaning of a word that I know it to be is in fact the real meaning. Many times I find that the meaning of a word I believe it to mean is not correct. :happythanksgiving:
Re: PRACTICAL & USEFUL IMPROVEMENTS TO THE NOOK SOFTWARE
Dictionary is available in my documents section, but it doesn't work with .pdf files.
Good advices, though this might be the last software update they released, because of the nook color they need to work on.
Check the nooklet I created: http://nookdevs.com/Nooklet_applications
(Hangman and currency converter).
Hope you like it!
Alterations to Notes facility
PLEASE change the software so that when you access your Notes to a book, it's the Notes that come up and not the original annotated text; that is what I need to see easily. Also, when you come out of a particular note, go back to the list of Notes, and not back to the whole book text. It's an incredibly cumbersome process at the moment, and not at all practical for using say during a book discussion.
By dpickels in forum nook Discussions
Last Post: 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM
By SnookernSnuff in forum Author nook
Last Post: 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
By theresammoore in forum Author nook
Last Post: 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
By dkesterson in forum nook Discussions
Last Post: 01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
By mostlymuppet in forum original nook
Last Post: 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM