new update 1.6 ACHTUNG!

Oliver

Default new update 1.6 ACHTUNG!

Hello i have my nook rooted with 1.5 I guess it is not safe to update as i am pretty sure it will unroot it.
    Has anybody tried it? Is there any way to avoid updates other than turining off WIFI?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: new update 1.6 ACHTUNG!

Quote Originally Posted by cesardeluxe
    Hello i have my nook rooted with 1.5 I guess it is not safe to update as i am pretty sure it will unroot it.
    Has anybody tried it? Is there any way to avoid updates other than turining off WIFI?

I don't know whether it's safe or not. I won't update until I find out. Nookdevs has instructions on how to avoid automatic updates. You can find it at http://nookdevs.com/Rooting_New_Hard...File_Modifying.

Tiny Tim

My stupid Nook updated this am...GRRRRRR! I'm not sure if I can still have root access or not. I'll let you know in a few minutes.

<edit> Can't seem to connect with ADB, but my Nook gives me the option to load "home" or "Android" when it boots? Odd.....I don't see any of my things I put on when I rooted,, and when I look at my version it still tells me 1.5???

<edit> I still have everything that I put on when I rooted, but can't seem to connect via wifi with adb. Boo.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by greensled
    My stupid Nook updated this am...GRRRRRR! I'm not sure if I can still have root access or not. I'll let you know in a few minutes.

<edit> Can't seem to connect with ADB, but my Nook gives me the option to load "home" or "Android" when it boots? Odd.....I don't see any of my things I put on when I rooted,, and when I look at my version it still tells me 1.5???

<edit> I still have everything that I put on when I rooted, but can't seem to connect via wifi with adb. Boo.
    Very, very odd. So the apps you put on while rooted still work? If you have WifiLocker, did you check whether adb is started there? If it isn't, you won't be able to connect with adb.

Tiny Tim

OH! I forgot about that. I'll have to check that and see. Odd thing is, I can download from NookMarket, but can't start adb.

Wifi Locker shows "stop adb"?? Still can't connect adb. The Nook tried to update earlier today, but bravo_update.dat kicked in. Could that have set my adbd to disable again?

Mr. Darcy

[quote=greensled ]
    OH! I forgot about that. I'll have to check that and see. Odd thing is, I can download from NookMarket, but can't start adb.

Wifi Locker shows "stop adb"?? Still can't connect adb. The Nook tried to update earlier today, but bravo_update.dat kicked in. Could that have set my adbd to disable again?

That does imply that adb is on. Try toggling it - turn adb off and then back on again and see if that works. If not, could it be that 1.6 unrooted you? Maybe the minor internal update was to unroot rooted nooks and plug the hole in the browser that allowed rooting that way.

Tiny Tim

I'm thinking that is the case, dang it! So, suggestions? Do I need to do the "pull apart" method for rooting my Nook now? Anyone have any suggestions?? Is there a way to gain root access again so I can install nookLibrary 0.1.7????