1.2 rooted nook

Thread: 1.2 rooted nook

ttnews

Default 1.2 rooted nook

Previously, 1.1.1 rooted nook.
    Now, download the rooted update in http://www.nookdevs.com and root it as suggested, you will have a 1.2 rooted nook + latest (nooklauncher + nookbrowser + nooklibrary + trook + nookwifilocker). Everything work smoothly.

Once you have 1.2 rooted nook, remember:
    1. the favorite links in nookBrowser will be empty, so you have to re-add it.
    2. previously installed androidvncserver and busybox will be deleted and you have to re-install them if you need them.
    3. disable B&N update: adb shell mv /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip.bak
    4. Use it as much as possible

Update: Please use the LATEST rooted 1.2 update file (there are some install/re-install issue in the previous rooted 1.2 update file) and MANUALLY REBOOT nook after the update. Quote from nookdevs "If you are already on the rooted/streamlined 1.2 update, please note that the streamlined rooted 1.2 update file has been updated on Feb 8th at 12:00PM PST, it is recommended you run update again with the new file. You should not lose any settings during this process."

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Stngray

Default Re: 1.2 rooted nook

UPS is holding my nook hostage here in Phoenix over the weekend. Should get it monday. Going to open it, charge if needed and root it. This is the real reason I chose the nook over other ereaders. Can't wait to get it.

Mowgli

I really like to try Root 1.2, but I cannot understand some of the Applications:

1. wifilocker - what does it do? Could someone elaborate more (more explanation than what Nookdevs website do)
    2. can anyone show the pictures of the rooted menus/functions (or any video showing how all application works for Root 1.2). I wish to see how each applications really work.

Thanks in advance for any additional information.
    Chote
    iPhone3G, KooNooK, Astronomy
    http://twitter.com/chotechai
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/Europacafe

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

wifiLocker is just to keep your wifi connection from dropping after few mins.
    This is mainly to run Pandora app and also to debug apps you might write on your own.

Since Pandora app is not written for nook in specific, it doesn't start/stop the wifi.
    You don't need to use the wifiLocker for apps like Trook or nookBrowser since they handle it themselves.
    wifiLocker doesn't unlock the wifi even in sleep mode. You have to do it manually before putting the device in sleep mode. Otherwise, the battery will run out in ~8 hrs in sleep mode & wifi on.

If you are not running Pandora/not planning to develop your own apps, then you have no need for this app.
    There were some screenshots in one of the other threads here.

MaG
    Tiny Tim

I did the SoftRoot this morning and I couldn't be happier with my nook. I really like being able to read RSS feeds and search for books using Trook. I haven't encountered any problems so far and doing it I had zero issues like I did previously under 1.1.1. Everything worked the very first time and I really like it.
    Nook, Curve & HP mini 1000
    Reading Now: Pirate Latitudes

Stngray

Quote Originally Posted by Stngray
    UPS is holding my nook hostage here in Phoenix over the weekend. Should get it monday. Going to open it, charge if needed and root it. This is the real reason I chose the nook over other ereaders. Can't wait to get it.
    Received my nook today, and rooted it already. Very easy, and am really enjoying trook and the wireless integration with my Calibre server. Thanks, nook devs!