custom fonts and calibre..please help!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    drawone

Default custom fonts and calibre..please help!!

Hello,
    I am trying to put a Korean fonts in nook, so i can read korean ebooks.
    As far as i know, i can just put korean fonts(unicoded) in "my fonts" folder and do some css changes with calibre. I read this in nookdevs(http://nookdevs.com/Font_Changes)

first what i dont get is where is res:///system/media/sdcard/my fonts/ ?
    is this just same as mydrive(k/myfonts/??

if that is correct, i just put my font in "my fonts" folder and open up calibre, and write
    @font-face {
    font-style: italic; font-family: 'batang', serif, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; src: url(res:///system/my fonts/batang.ttf);
    }

in Extra CSS section?

I am really confused, i have been trying to solve this for a couple days. I just dont get what my source url should be. right now my fonts are in nook which is K:\my fonts
    the whole "res:///system" is K: drive?

please help me. i really want this to work

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: custom fonts and calibre..please help!!

Hey-hey, don't panic!

Just to clear it up:

res:///system/media/sdcard -- nook's internal microSD card seen as drive by you when connected via USB (1)
    while
    res:///system/my fonts -- my fonts directory on your nook's internal microSD card, system partition (2)

Please note, 1 != 2 and you can't see and access 2 unless doing so thru ADB (see nookdevs).

So offload those fonts to nook's drive, to some particular directory (say, mySuperDirectoryWithFonts) and have the resource location being provided as:

url(res:///system/media/sdcard/mySuperDirectoryWithFonts/SomeTTFont.ttf)

FYI: On Linux systems media houses mounted removable devices which nook's internal microSD card is in our case from the standpoint of Android that's animating our precious devices. Have a read. So when you put fonts on your nook's drive but specify system partition for the reader app to look for that my fonts directory you're messing with two different drives here.. Hope you've got it by now.
    wbr,
    Vad

Mad Hatter

Hey vad, glad you replied... I was thinking either you or somebody from nookdevs would know.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Heya Donna, thanks.
    I just hope somebody's going to end up gazing at Korean being magically rendered on their nook
    wbr,
    Vad

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by sPACEYE
    Heya Donna, thanks.
    I just hope somebody's going to end up gazing at Korean being magically rendered on their nook
    np

drawone, let us know if what was noted worked for you.

Donna

drawone

sorry for a late response..and thanks for the replies
    To be honest, i tried for a quite while..haha and it was not working...and got discouraged..hahaha
    maybe i got the wrong fonts, i started with just "LiberationSerif" with its css file that i got from nookdevs.
    and just opened css file in wordpad, changed the font directory name to my own directory in nook;

res:///system/media/sdcard/customFonts/LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf
    like this...

maybe i have to try with some other different fonts, still dont know why it is not working.

Does anyone know what i should do in Calibre? I am wondering how the nook is going to know which font(LiberarionSerif) to use? Dont i suppose to tell nook to look for LiberationSerif? or whatever fonts that
    i want nook to render that out? or how does nook know the "style.css" is in my "customFonts" folder since i never told nook to look into that.

thanks

Tom Sawyer

you can pm me and I'll send you my skype id so I'd be able to answer your questions
    wbr,
    Vad

Mad Hatter

you can pm me and I'll send you my skype id so I'd be able to answer your questions
    Vadim, you're a good guy... I imagine you'll have this resolved forthwith!

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    Vadim, you're a good guy... I imagine you'll have this resolved forthwith!
    Thanks, just thinking it would be by far the best way to help the man out (instead of checking on thread updates each time I refresh boards page and I tell you what, it happens many times during the day). I've sent a PM with my skype coords and our chat would happen sooner than I'll head to Netherlands which is scheduled for the 2nd of July if Germans would issue me the visa (Germany acts on behalf on Netherlands and a bunch of other countries in Belarus). Also.. do you remember that iPhone here, iPhone there campaign initiated by happy iPhone owners back in the day? It's just struck me as I'm going to Netherlands.. maybe we could take some nook pics in different places and start a new thread?
    wbr,
    Vad

Mad Hatter

maybe we could take some nook pics in different places and start a new thread?
    What fun!

How about a 'Show us your well-traveled Nook' thread?

... The criteria should be a pix of your Nook (not necessarily you, but that would be cool as well) on locale!

I've created the thread here: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...topic=2254.new

Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast