Hebrew fonts

Thread: Hebrew fonts

udiko

Default Hebrew fonts

is there a way to enable the nook to read hebrew fonts (right to left) with epub and pdf formats and on the web browser

tnx udi

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Hebrew fonts

Shalom udi!

Gosh, I don't know what % of us on NOOKBOARDS are even using the browser all that much - I know I'm not. Is there a (mobile) URL you can share with us that maybe we can play around with to see if it can be done? There are a lot of techies on this forum, so maybe somebody can help figure this out.

As far as reading *.EPUB or *.PDF ebooks written in Hebrew on the Nook, ditto on the call out to techies.

... I wandered a bit on the Internet, as I am sure you have, and ran across this article: http://www.teleread.com/2010/03/12/t...dele-he-books/

Which sites do you use for eBooks in Hebrew?

FYI: Donna is my English name. Davida Basha is my Hebrew name.

Donna

udiko

Shalom to you as well,

Thanks for your replay,
    A url for testing browser support may be www.ynet.co.il (it has a mobile version).

As for the article you refered me to, Its about one of the only few hebrew ebook store there is, but as thay mentioned, they adjusted the ePub files and they managed to got it to work with the list of ereaders they listed in their site which not included the Nook (which they might not even tested).
    What I'm tring to figure out is, if it is posible to read ordenary PDF and ePub formated books with or without embeded fonts. I did saw on nookDevs http://nookdevs.com/Font_Changes the ability to show Asian fonts, so that made me wonder.

Thanks again, Udi

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Don't know, Udi... I'm assuming you might have posted there.

sPACEYE (Vadim), I think, is pretty good with the whole font thing. I just haven't seen him posting for a couple of days. I think he was traveling. Maybe PM him with a link to this thread and see if he responds.

The other option might be to see if one of the mods or other people pick up on this topic in the next day or so.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Hey Donna, Udi.

Indeed, I haven't checked the boards for the last week (just checking my gmail for any posts you guys may have left in the topics I've got subscribed to).
    Mostly cause of touring the channels of Utrecht, doing some service with my pal at the local homeless community center and occasional trips to the office of my bud in Amsterdam, not mentioning some work here and there

Udi, I'll be back to you via PM and then - if we succeed - please post the how-to steps in here, cause I believe I won't have enough time as I'll be on the traveling spree soon (hopefully, Latvia, then back home, then Ukraine).

Cheers!
    wbr,
    Vad

Mad Hatter

Vad thanks for the help. You've got some heaven-points accruing for your work with the homeless! Be safe traveling and we'll 'talk' soon.

Udi, you're in good hands!

Donna

bachargil

Hi all
    I have a nook and I can download few books that contain Hebrew fonts to it. I can see the text well, but it is printed from left-to-right and not right-to-left as Hebrew should be.
    Is there anyway to tell nook to display the text right-to-left?

Gil

Mad Hatter

Hello Gil and welcome to NOOKBOARDS!

I'm going to put out a PM to Vad to see if he ever got a documented resolution from the poster on this thread who seemed to be looking to do the same thing (right?) you are.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Hey guys!

Sorry to inform you but this feature is pending since BN utilizes Adobe Mobile Reader tech which doesn't support rtl atm.
    wbr,
    Vad

ronyjosf

I recently got new Nook color.
    I can't seem to display hebrew letters, and i find that odd!
    Is there a way to display hebrew letters while suring the web?
    Is there a way to display hebrew letters in eBooks?

Thanks, Rony.