Who really has 2GB in their Nook? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supermighty

Default Re: Who really has 2GB in their Nook?

Isn't some of the internal space taken up by the Android OS also?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

This isn't really related to the memory size, but I noticed a repeat problem when my number of books exceeded 1400. I spoke to B&N and after going through a few people who were just guessing, I got to someone who confirmed that the earlier versions had a problem with too many titles crashing the sort system. Firmware 1.4 was supposed to have fixed this by now, but obviously not. The symptoms are the loss of "most recent" accuracy for sorting. If I ever added as much as a single title, I lost all my most recent books and the Nook resorted in a random order with no logic. Very frustrating when I am reading 10-15 books at a time.

Since softrooting, the problem has corrected, but I read somewhere here that 1275 is an upper limit so I will be staying below that number. 1275 barely uses 1/4 of a 2 Gig SD card, so anything larger has no value given these limits.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by chas0039
    Very frustrating when I am reading 10-15 books at a time.
    holy smokes! I've done 2 or 3 depending how comlicated or boring they are but 10-15...phew! speaking of which I'm hoping someone makes an app to be able to quickly open more than one book. So like more than one "Reading Now" icons or something so you can quickly jump between books without searching.
    Now Reading - Riptide - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
    Goodreads User koolkat67

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

as soon as i have mine, it will have at least 4-5 GB's.
    Internal full for sure! lol :P
    'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by chas0039
    Since softrooting, the problem has corrected, but I read somewhere here that 1275 is an upper limit so I will be staying below that number. 1275 barely uses 1/4 of a 2 Gig SD card, so anything larger has no value given these limits.
    I have 3100 books loaded without any problem, but saying that I also trook on a rooted nook. Makes it a breeze finding the book on want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12