Battery life - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery life

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Battery life

I charge my nook once a week, the battery indicator is barely at 50% when I do. Presumably if I pushed it I could probably get 10 to 12 days out of a single charge before it went completely dead.

This is on the nook classic 3G model with wifi nearly always off but never in airplane mode.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by dbeman
    I charge my nook once a week, the battery indicator is barely at 50% when I do. Presumably if I pushed it I could probably get 10 to 12 days out of a single charge before it went completely dead.

This is on the nook classic 3G model with wifi nearly always off but never in airplane mode.
    how much do you actually use it during the week though when it's at 50%? I'm pretty certain my nook would last more then week on a full charge if i didn't use it very much.

Tiny Tim

Perhaps a tad off-topic, but related to battery life; near as I can tell the most powerful battery I can find (for the nook) is 1530mAh (find it on batteries.com). Does anyone happen to have this, or the 1250mAh battery (from newpower99.com), and if you do, can you describe on how they compare to the standard Nook battery as far as charge duration? I know that either will be superior to the original but would like to know how much better before dropping 20-30 bucks on an unessential replacement battery.
    It was one tedious round of scrawling and jargon ; a tissue made up of the shreds and remnants of barbarous antiquity polluted with the rust of ages, and patched by the stupidity of modern workmen into new deformity. -C. B. Brown

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

fyi - i just looked at the battery that came with my nook and it says it's a 1530mAh battery. So unless the quality of the standard nook battery is bad ( I dont know if it is or not) then buying the battery from batteries.com probably won't do anything for you, and the battery from newpower99 could be worse since it has less storage capacity then the standard nook battery.

Tiny Tim

Well balls then. I suppose I should have bothered to pop the back panel off and look, rather than just take for granted claims that they are more powerful than the standard. Thanks for the due diligence I neglected merk.

I will continue to wade through google looking for a more powerful battery.
    It was one tedious round of scrawling and jargon ; a tissue made up of the shreds and remnants of barbarous antiquity polluted with the rust of ages, and patched by the stupidity of modern workmen into new deformity. -C. B. Brown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123