Technical Support

Tom Sawyer

Default Technical Support

In the event there's a problem with your nook, where do you call/log-in for technical support?
    I'm just wondering who is providing the tech support for the units... is it B&N or did they outsource to a 3rd party?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Technical Support

1-800-new-deli

Just kidding, I have no idea, but I hope they speak english!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

You got that right. I hate having to call support for any of our office Dell's or HP's.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Hmm...I could use some technical support right about now.

Here's the thing--I think my nook did a slightly incomplete download of "Lamb" by Christopher Moore. I know that the file itself is complete--I've got one copy on my PC and one on my iPod touch and I can read it from beginning to end. But with nook, I've got an odd problem going on here. If I go forward, up to page 412 (in "Amasis Medium" font), the text suddenly jumps to page 499 (aka the beginning of chapter 13). If I click backward once, nothing happens, but if I wait and click again, the text jumps back to page 399.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't know how to delete books from my nook. I'm trying to archive and unarchive the book to see maybe it'll download properly this time around, but we'll see.

--Roxie

EDIT: Nope. Archiving and un-archiving didn't work. I'm gonna play around a bit more with this copy of "Lamb" and see if I can fix it before getting ahold of B&N to tell them about this problem. Right now, I'm really glad that my first nook book turned out to be a book that I'm very familiar with. I'd hate to be reading a book I'd never read before and not notice that I'm missing a sizable chunk of text. :P

EDIT 2: Uh...well, I guess I solved my problem with a brute force method. I de-registered nook, then reset nook to factory settings, then re-downloaded the book. I can now access the "missing" text in my copy of Lamb, but I don't have page numbers anymore along the top right corners of the pages anymore. I'm wondering if the highlights/bookmarks that I added had messed things up somehow? I really have no idea, but, um...this stinks just a little.

Tom Sawyer

Roxie, was there nothing in your shipping materials or "quick start" guide about where to call for Technical Support?

Puck

From the nook FAQ:

Reading the FAQs is the fastest way to get your question answered. If you don't find your query among the stacks, please call or email Barnes & Noble directly.

1.800.THE.BOOK or email [email protected]

Tom Sawyer

Oh--and the receipt reads, in the top right corner:

To reach Customer Service by e-mail:
    [email protected]

Too bad I discovered that email addy on my receipt after I'd gone for my brute force method. :P But that's okay. I didn't have much to lose to start with, since I'd only just gotten my nook out of the box and all. Plus, this is my first reader and I'm an early adopter and all. I know that I have to keep making mistakes like this to learn how to get along better with this device and figure out how it works.

Also: I wonder if B&N has both email addies to themselves: [email protected] and [email protected], or if the "the" in that second addy is a typo. :P

--Roxie

mfaine

This happened to me today - skipped 4 pages. I just emailed B&N about it.

-Mark

This little bit of trouble seem to be happening often enough that I think it might be a Nook OS problem, rather than a problem with the ebook. Just kind of thinking out loud.

Regard,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

d'Artagnan

I was just reading on the B&N blog that some books are having formatting issues and some actually have nothing on the pages and some no pages and that had been pretty much corrected at this point.
    The skipping page issue was partially cured by changing fonts
    MikFinkel