The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with ph

AWESOME!! I dropped in the 8gb card like a breeze Was harder to open the back up than to install the card. Thanks so much for the tutorial!!
    MikFinkel

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos

Has anyone been able to get a 1 gig card to work yet? My device isn't detecting it, even after a couple of power downs/power ups, it says there's no card installed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by xandie
    Has anyone been able to get a 1 gig card to work yet? My device isn't detecting it, even after a couple of power downs/power ups, it says there's no card installed.
    Mine still won't work, either. I'm glad I'm not alone! At some point I plan to buy a bigger card (they're so cheap now), but can't be bothered to get off my butt and do it.

I guess it's possible that the nook does not support 1 gig cards.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

TIMJOFRED

Hello
    I intend to put a 16gb MicroSD card in my nook, for audio and music. I have noticed there are different classes for the cards. I have seen a class2 and a class 6. Is there a real difference? If so, which or what is better?
    Thanks,
    Tim

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with ph

A class 6 card can transfer data faster than a class 2 card, so I guess you could consider the former "better" although I don't think the speed of the card would really make a whole lot of difference in an eReader.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

EclipseEmpire

I dropped my Nook yesterday. No real damage, however when it was dropped the back cover came off and my MicroSD card came out. I didn't notice that the metal clip also fell out. Does anyone know where I can buy the metal clip? I have searched Google and eBay with no luck.

Thanks for any help!

I imagine parts would have to be ordered directly through B&N. You might call their customer service department to see if you can order through them.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

EclipseEmpire

Well after contacting B&N "Digital Support" they cannot replace the metal clip. Apparently it isn't a stocked part. They did offer to replace my Nook under my extended warranty but I would of used my one and only replacement. I think I will need to save that for a future drop.

Also for people wanting the direct number to B&N Digital Support (will save some hold time) it is: 866-877-9064

I was able to sweet talk the direct number out of them.

Good Luck and don't drop your Nook!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast