The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mad Hatter

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSin
    Well thanks to Icebyke on the BN boards I figured it out. You just have to relax and just go really slow and you can figure it out. Now it's fine and turns on fine too.
    Glad to hear it... Can you tell us what you learned or provide a link? It's always good to have multiple resources to figure out things!

Donna

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: The internal Micro-SD slot (Read if you're gonna insert one) Updated with photos

This is the thread I found a bit of help on.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ht/true#M17965

hope you guys can figure it out. my mom told me if It wasn't fixed completely to take it in, that's why I bought the extended warranty. so I'll take it in next week or sometime soon when I don't have to work.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Mad Hatter

VampireSin, thanks for posting the link.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

This is minor...but I've seen a lot of people struggling to open their nook from the side...when there is a tab at the bottom that makes it a bit easier (though the first time you do it it's kinda hard, the more you do it the easier it comes off). I find the tab at the bottom 1000x's better than trying to get my nails into the side (and not break them o.o).

Tom Sawyer

I am a B&N Bookseller, own a nook, sell them, etc. (I am looking to become our store's Digital Lead, and this Board is a great source of info!)

I would never open the back of my nook from the sides. This is how we were taught: Place the heel of your hand on the back, insert your finger nail in the little tabs, and gently pry up, using the heel of your hand as the fulcrum of a "lever." Yes, it's a little tricky, and hard on the fingernails, but it does work.

Thanks so much for the photos of the interior works of the nook! I really needed that info, and am reluctant to subject my own nook to that little operation, LOL!

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by N00bSaibot
    Thanks for the info. I have a microSD card from PNY that my nook doesn't seem to recognize no matter what I try. The card works fine in my MacBook.

I can't help but wonder if firmware 1.4 still has some glitches related to expansion cards.
    You haver to reformat the card first.
    Then put it into your nook.

Just popping it out of your macbook and sticking it into your nook wont do much for ya.

P.s> WHy are you still using 1.4?
    you know 1.5 is out right?
    and it's way better than 1.4.

Come out of your cave! lol

and Re: a previous post..
    I dont quite understand why one would need to remove their memory card "once a week".
    For what?

When you simply plug in the nook and load/unload files as you see fit.
    Sure, it'd be cooler if the card slot was on the side or something..
    But be happy you even have a card slot at all! lol

'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456