Autographed Copy of Boomerang

Puck

Default Autographed Copy of Boomerang

You may have seen in another post here that the publisher of the paperback edition of Boomerang is trying to extort money from Yours Truly to keep the book available. Apparently they intend to do this on an annual basis. Well, I'm having nothing to do with it, so before long the paperback will be nothing but a bit of history.

However, I did secure a couple of the last ones in existence and I would like to offer one of them to a nookboard reader.

All you need to do is post a comment here telling us who your favorite Boomerang character is and why. The person with the most well thought out and/or entertaining answer will receive an autographed copy of what I assure you will be a collector's item real darned soon. A maximum of ten entries will be considered, so the odds are good but get yours in soon!

Best,
    Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson
    author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

Boomerang at Barnes and Noble

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Autographed Copy of Boomerang

Alan,

I feel extremely fortunate to have met you through this forum and to have had the opportunity to enjoy your work! This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of history, so here goes...

The story as a whole was very entertaining, and the cast of characters so diverse that I had several I could classify as favorites for different reasons. Bethie was a blast just because of her antics and the fact that just below that dingy blonde facade was probably the most cunning character in the story! Leslie, God love him, tried to be the successful assassin, but probably ended up in worse condition than his intended targets! But in the end, I liked Ted the best.

I thought the way Ted's personality emerged and changed through the course of the story was profound and entertaining. He started out with a bad "I want nothing to do with this" attitude, and while his lack of interest in the retrieval of the boomerang never really faltered, a much more caring side of him evolved as the story progressed. We saw a hint of it during the emotional scene where his landlord had kidnapped Sarah and held her ransom (via the Pawn Shop), and then again during the incident in the Parking garage where Ted could have relieved the driver of all his cash, yet only took a dollar and returned the change after paying the parking attendant. The warm, caring side of Ted was probably fully exposed when he became involved in the choir, and specifically with the connection he made with Paul. Maybe it's because I can relate to Ted in that I often don't want to get involved in life, but there always seems to be that one opportunity that draws me in, and I end up totally involved after all!

Regardless, of any one character, I think the interaction and mix of the the wide variety of characters in this story is what made it work and made it so enjoyable! There is truly a place of honor on my wall of classics for an autographed copy of Boomerang! Thanks once again for sharing your imagination with us!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

Puck

Paul,

I passed your comments on to Ted and I must tell you that I have never seen the man blush before. It was quite the sight.

Looks like you are our frontrunner. In a race of one, so far, but still...

My dachshund Odie will pull the winner's name out of one of his old water dishes a week from today. That would be Friday, March 12th.

Best,
    Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson
    author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Well, I certainly hope Odie finds my entry well thought out and entertaining! My fate now lies in the drooling jowls of your faithful four legged companion!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:

Billjr13

I don't know Alen? J. Edgar? Leslie the lousy assassin? Jerry the mostly flatulent? I know the psychotic Mrs. Lee, "I only get hundred an fifty dollar!" for a 1958 Gibson L5-CES!!! The horror! I'll bet you can't find one in bad shape for less than ten grand! No Hands down it has to be our Large and In Charge protagonist Ted. (OK not in charge) A man after my own heart. In college I lost a a 1968 Fender Jazz Bass. It walked out of my dorm room... 25 years latter and I still miss that guitar. A few years ago my beautiful wife gave me a new Gibson USA Thunderbird what a sound. To Ted Sarah must sing like Lucille in BB's hands. Close Enough for Jazz is on the horizon and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Puck

Ah, another vote for Ted. A victory for Everyman. That is if Everyman is six-foot eight, well over three hundred pounds, is well read, can't keep a job, and plays amazing guitar.

Any other votes?

Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Puck

Today is the last day to enter for the free paperback of Boomerang. Looks like so far Odie isn't going to have many slips of paper in his old water dish. He will pick the winner at about eight o'clock this evening after I get home from work and a meeting at our daughter's high school.

Remember, this isn't just a currently rare book (the paperback has sold just a couple hundred copies), but is destined to remain a rare first edition since the publisher is pulling the plug later this month. Sales have actually picked up (although that didn't take much!) on Amazon since word of its impending demise got out, but we're still talking rare here. And I promise you that I'm doing everything I can to make this a future collectible.

Best,
    Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Puck

Well, Paul, looks like you're going to be saddled with this relic. Getting Odie to cooperate took a while tonight. Mostly he just looked at me, expecting kibble. When he did take notice of what was in the bowl he nudged your name out with his nose!

Send me a message with your address info and anything special you might want me to write.

And Billjr. thank you so much for not only entering, but being a wonderful voice for Boomerang here and at mobileread. I appreciate it more than you can know. Wish I had more copies to send.

Best,
    Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Puck

Alan,

This is awesome! Give Odie a special dog treat as my thanks for his sound judgement and decisive eye for literary prowess! This rare and elusive, soon to be classic, autographed edition of Boomerang will have a special place of honor on my bookshelf! Than you for sharing your work with all of us, and for this unique opportunity to own a special autographed edition!

:hobbes-dance: :dance4: :dancybanana2:
    Paul...

Now reading:

Puck

Odie says you are welcome and please, could he have more kibble. Actually, he says that last bit all the time.

It has been an honor and a real kick for me to be able to do this.

I have been assured by a number of proud owners of the paperback version that in addition to being a good read, it also serves well to balance uneven table legs. A benefit I had never dreamed of whilst in the creative mode.

Best,
    Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson