Greetings, readers! I am the author and will be running the book club for my novel The Twenty Dollar Bill.

I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself to get acquainted, since I haven't been on the Nookboards very long.

I'm a self-published / independent author, with four novels available for the Nook, along with a short story and also a brief formatting guide for print editions for self-publishing.

I've been writing most of my life, but it's been the last 6 or 7 years that it has become a major focus in my life. I am a voracious and eclectic reader, and my writing reflects that - I have written general fiction, mature/women's fiction, science fiction, farcical comedy and children's mystery/fantasy. My novels have had average results for a self-published author - more in the hundreds of sales versus thousands. With the advent of e-readers, those numbers are going up. Ive had some success selling for the Kindle and hope to reach Nook readers now.

I've had a handful of short stories published in venues ranging from obscure e-zines to nationally distributed print magazines. I tend to write a half-dozen short stories a year and one to two novels, although my editing/re-writes on the novels has lagged behind publishing at the same pace they are written.

Beyond writing, I spent years as a computer programmer. More recently, I worked in customer service for Lulu.com for several years, and currently do consulting for authors seeking editing, formatting and publishing assistance for print as well as e-book editions of their books.

I am not very good at golf but enjoy playing it, am decent at sand volleyball, and used to be a good softball player. I participate in community theatre and twice a year go on mission trips to Mexico to build houses.

I am very pleased to be here, and I hope that my book gives a bit of happiness back to the reader that I found when writing it.

Throughout the month, I welcome questions about the novel, writing, publishing, or just about anything else that doesn't violate the policies of the board!

Elmore Hammes