Questions for Week Four of The Twenty Dollar Bill book club

Mr. Darcy

Default Questions for Week Four of The Twenty Dollar Bill book club

Here's the fourth and final set of questions - and please note #10, just like previous weeks, it is an open invitation to ask me your own questions, whether it is about a specific scene from this week's readings, about writing, or anything else that you might be curious about.

1. Where are Don and Mary heading?
    2. What does one customer think is wrong with the cheeseburger Denise gives them?
    3. Why do you think Denise and Missy view Dustin and his family so differently?
    4. Why does Morgan let Missy take home the half-gallon of ice cream for free?
    5. Why is Dennis visiting his brother?
    6. Did you expect the bill to come back to Claire at the end?
    7. Which of the ten scenes was your favorite (and why)?
    8. Was there a scene – or character - that you could have done without?
    9. Would you recommend this book to others?
    10. Any other comment you would like to make, or question you would like to ask the author!

Thanks again, I have truly enjoyed having my novel featured as the March Nook Book Club selection.
    I look forward to reading your responses!
    Elmore Hammes
    Author, The Twenty Dollar Bill (and other novels of various natures)

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Questions for Week Four of The Twenty Dollar Bill book club

Here goes our last weeks answers (I got really colorful this week)! This really was an enjoyable book and and book club read this month! Looking forward to more good reading next month...

1. Where are Don and Mary heading? Back to Nashville, TN

2. What does one customer think is wrong with the cheeseburger Denise gives them? Go figure, the were complaining that their Cheeseburger had cheese on it! how dare them!

3. Why do you think Denise and Missy view Dustin and his family so differently? Because the two had totally different attitudes! Denise is the cynical, glass is half empty type, while Missy is the happy go lucky, glass is half full type of person!

4. Why does Morgan let Missy take home the half-gallon of ice cream for free? Because she works hard and does not expect to get it free. I think it was an awesome gesture on his part. I think he also looks to her more like a daughter than an employee!

5. Why is Dennis visiting his brother? To try and get his old job back.

6. Did you expect the bill to come back to Claire at the end? Actually, I hadn't really thought about it, nor had I expected it to happen, but it would have been an interesting twist!

7. Which of the ten scenes was your favorite (and why)? Morgan! He and Trudy is how I picture my wife and I in our Golden Years, except I'll probably be the one in the wheel chair!

8. Was there a scene – or character - that you could have done without? Not this time... I enjoyed them all and really enjoyed the book!

9. Would you recommend this book to others? Absolutely, and when the sequel comes out, I'll read it and recommend it as well!

10. Any other comment you would like to make, or question you would like to ask the author! It will do no use asking what happened next, because I get the same answer every week! Guess I have to wait for that sequel to come out! Don't forget to let us all know when it does, I'll be looking for it! I would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful glimpse into the lives of such a varied cast of characters, it has been most enjoyable!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

Puck

I will be colorful too!

1. Where are Don and Mary heading?
    Don and Mary are heading back to Nashville to live with Mary’s family. I loved seeing this couple reconnect during a difficult transition in their lives.

2. What does one customer think is wrong with the cheeseburger Denise gives them?
    A customer complains when her plain cheeseburger comes with cheese.

3. Why do you think Denise and Missy view Dustin and his family so differently?
    I think that both of the woman’s outlooks on life and their jobs colored the way that they saw Dustin and his family.

4. Why does Morgan let Missy take home the half-gallon of ice cream for free?
    Morgan thought it was a sweet gesture that Missy was willing to pay for her ice cream. He allowed her to take it home for free for “quality control.”

5. Why is Dennis visiting his brother?
    Dennis is repaying his brother part of a $10,000 loan. He was also hoping to stay with his brother while he looked for a new job.

6. Did you expect the bill to come back to Claire at the end?
    I wasn’t expecting that at all. I loved how the book came around full circle (and ended with romantically!)

7. Which of the ten scenes was your favorite (and why)?
    The last scene with Claire was my favorite. I loved how it tied the whole book together. I am hoping that Claire and Tony will get a happy ending beyond the book.

8. Was there a scene – or character - that you could have done without?
    No. I enjoyed each one.

9. Would you recommend this book to others?
    Yes I would recommend this book to others. The book is excellent! I loved the unique concept of following a twenty dollar bill and getting to glimpse inside the lives that it travels through.

10. Any other comment you would like to make, or question you would like to ask the author!
    If you ever decide to revisit any of the characters lives and write another book, I will definitely read it! Thank you for making this book available to us! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Roxie

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

While I have not participated in the discussions, I did read the book and loved it so much I went on to explain all the characters and their stories to my husband... I think I lost him half way through (he was playing Madden haha)... I, too, would like to know if another book is ever written that revisits these characters. Thanks for offering it for free when you did (and for promoting it on here) otherwise I may have never found it!

Mr. Darcy

Paul, Roxie and Gina,

Thanks so much! One of the reasons I decided to offer my book as the March Book Club selection was to get some more personal feedback from readers who didn't actually know me. I will certainly post any news about a sequel at Nookboards.

If you (and any other readers) would consider leaving a rating and review at Smashwords and/or Barnes & Noble, I would definitely appreciate it. I've got a fair number of reviews at Amazon, and would like potential readers at the other sites to see some reader reactions to the book.

In either case, it's been an enjoyable month hosting the book club. I will continue to check for any other comments or responses.

Thanks,
    Elmore Hammes
    Author, The Twenty Dollar Bill, and assorted other books

Mr. Darcy

Roxie - thanks very much for the nice review on Smashwords. I appreciate it!
    Elmore

Puck

You're welcome! I was happy to write it. Hopefully some other members will write a review as well!

Roxie