DreamFever (Fever Series #4) Discussion Thread

Default DreamFever (Fever Series #4) Discussion Thread

This thread is for DreamFever questions and answers only, so please, NO SPOILERS! Please keep in mind that we are discussing the entire book, so if you haven't finished it yet, don't go any further.

I think we all want to know the same things....

Q: WHO IS JERICHO Z BARRONS?

Q: Who do you think the Beast was?

Q: When Barrons was bringing Mac back from being Priya, do you think he really enjoyed it? He says something about "you'll wonder how you could hate me more" and takes her, repeatedly, but papers the walls with pictures of her family. Do you think he loves her?

Also:

Q: What's up with Ryodan? Is he good or evil? I'm having a hard time telling which side he's really on.
    Q: Christian McKeltar?
    Q: When Mac was being made Priya by the Unseelie Princes, who was the 4th prince?
    Q: Who do you think threw black paint on the wards in the cellar of the Abbey? (I forget if they said who it was).
    Q: Barrons was missing for 4 days after Samhain. Where was he?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: DreamFever (Fever Series #4) Discussion Thread

Also in book 3 (p.11), Mac says "I no longer care how I survive, as long as I do."
    Foreshadowing? Do you think she still feels that way after being brought back from Priya?

d'Artagnan

I have a couple of theories about who Barrons is. I have already read the book to the end, so I know the answers to a couple of the questions you asked, so I don't know if you want me to answer those or not as far as the Beast.

One theory is that he might be half Seelie and half Unseelie.

Another is that he's a half breed, with a Seelie/Unseelie parent and a human parent.

I really wonder if he might be the boy who survived being in the cages at the Seelie court that Mac read about in the library.

Whatever he is, I'm guessing that he struck a pretty stiff bargain with the Seelie over something. I'm pretty sure that's how he ended up as the Beast. Do I think he enjoyed bringing Mac back from Priya? Heck yes! I think the answers about how he became the Beast will illuminate us on why he held back from Mac before. I suspect that he'd have tried to resist her indefinitely if she hadn't become Priya, although I think he still wanted her and had feelings for her.

I think Ryodan is loyal to Barrons in the end, because I think they're somehow in the same boat. Whatever they all went through in the past, I think it ties them together. I think Barrons was away being the Beast during those four days, too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Yep yep, we're discussing this book in its entirety, so go ahead!
    I've thought about the half-seelie theory with Barrons, but how and with whom? Do you think he could be the offspring of the Unseelie King and his mistress? He openly states (book 2 or 3 I can't remember) to Mac that "did you ever think he did what he did for love?" He obviously feels sympathy to the Unseelie King and let's be honest, this is Barrons we're talking about! He doesn't sympathize with anyone!

I don't think he's half-Seelie and half-Unseelie, only because he's able to touch the Hallows of both courts. Unless being a halfie cancels out the effect of the Hallows, but I don't think it would.

Puck

Does anyone else think that the 4th "prince" who stole the Mac we know and love might have been V'lane? Where the heck IS the Seelie Queen and why is she in hiding. That she's not making an appearance (when she did in the Highlander books) makes me think that someone is stacking the deck.
    May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

Quote Originally Posted by nancynook
    Does anyone else think that the 4th "prince" who stole the Mac we know and love might have been V'lane? Where the heck IS the Seelie Queen and why is she in hiding. That she's not making an appearance (when she did in the Highlander books) makes me think that someone is stacking the deck.
    I thought about that, but V'Lane is supposedly Seelie, and the two Houses hate each other, so how would that work? However he was missing that night "in favor of Queen Aiobheal," so I guess it's a possibility. I just can't think of why he'd do that.
    Oh and I think V'Lane said that she is in hiding because her power has been greatly diminished after creating the wall between realms. I think, but not positive, I'd have to fact-check that. Of course, he could be lying.

Has he proven he's Seelie and not Unseelie? How do we know other than taking him at his word?

Edit: Oh and I don't want to debunk anyone's theories, I'm just posing more questions to consider how everything fits.

I need to read those Highlander books!

Puck

I think I just have it "in" for V'lane. He's manipulative, very manipulative and I don't like it. Was he the 4th, I don't know. Was Darroc the 4th? Seems unlikely. But if not either of them - and Barrons lost in the Silvers, then who?

But Queen Aiobheal never read as being a hands-off gal. Then again, this isn't a Highlander series, it's a Fever series. Maybe she's just not a key player here.
    May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

d'Artagnan

The one who seems most tied to the Highlander series to me is Christian. I have to wonder if he might have some ties to the Berserkers.

Barrons being the son of the Unseelie King and his Mistress did occur to me. I just thought that their affair might have happened too far in the past for that to work. We know Barrons is older than Mac first thought, but his true age is still shady.

I contemplated V'lane as the fourth Prince, but I don't think it's him. My strong suspicion is that we haven't met the fourth Prince yet. Either that, or he's a character who has been hidden in plain sight that we wouldn't suspect yet. We've seen V'lane in the company of the other Seelie, though, and I don't think they'd allow him in court and with their queen if he were Unseelie. Somehow, too, I think Mac would have sensed it if she were near one of the ones who hurt her.

Another theory I have about the Beast is that there may be more than one. Barrons and all of his group might share a similar curse. Perhaps the book has the secret to undo their curse.

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth
    The one who seems most tied to the Highlander series to me is Christian. I have to wonder if he might have some ties to the Berserkers.

Barrons being the son of the Unseelie King and his Mistress did occur to me. I just thought that their affair might have happened too far in the past for that to work. We know Barrons is older than Mac first thought, but his true age is still shady.

I contemplated V'lane as the fourth Prince, but I don't think it's him. My strong suspicion is that we haven't met the fourth Prince yet. Either that, or he's a character who has been hidden in plain sight that we wouldn't suspect yet. We've seen V'lane in the company of the other Seelie, though, and I don't think they'd allow him in court and with their queen if he were Unseelie. Somehow, too, I think Mac would have sensed it if she were near one of the ones who hurt her.

Another theory I have about the Beast is that there may be more than one. Barrons and all of his group might share a similar curse. Perhaps the book has the secret to undo their curse.
    I was thinking that Ryodan, Barrons and the others all became Beasts as well.
    I totally forgot that she sense Fae, like DUH Jennifer!
    I also forgot that Barrons confirms V'Lane being Seelie in his memories or whatever you want to call them. I also don't think V'Lane is the 4th Prince, but I do think it's a character that has been hiding in plain sight.

d'Artagnan

I just know it's going to be a person that I have a d'oh moment over! It's maddening! How much longer until my darned download starts?!