Isaac Asimov Foundation

Tiny Tim

Default Isaac Asimov Foundation

This Book is like "The Big One" for sci-fi. I've put it off for far too long, so I just bought it, and will start it right away.
    Lots of people are talking about maybe with this book, so perhaps its time. I dont want to hijack a reading list, but I'm gonna start it, and if anyone wants to talk about Foundation, let's get to it.

Diver

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Isaac Asimov Foundation

A classic that I have read and re-read many times. You'll enjoy it.
    Peace
    Jay

Just a guy trying to make it in this
    craxy, mized up world...

Tiny Tim

sorry for th delay, I got caught up in another series after I read Foundation.
    I was a little disappointed, every time the story would flow and start to gather momentum, it would jump timeline and character. Is the whole series like this? If so, I think I'll take a pass on the next books.

Diver

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

Can't say, Diver. Phipside isn't alone by a wide margin but I have never been fan of Azimov. Having said that I have always meant to give the books a try. When I first saw Foundation (long ago and far away) I also saw Soldier Ask Not, and I picked soldier, and never regretted it. Next time I stumble across a copy of Foundation I'll pick it up and report back shortly thereafter.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Diver
    This Book is like "The Big One" for sci-fi. I've put it off for far too long, so I just bought it, and will start it right away.
    Lots of people are talking about maybe with this book, so perhaps its time. I dont want to hijack a reading list, but I'm gonna start it, and if anyone wants to talk about Foundation, let's get to it.

Diver
    Well, I love Asimov. I read the original Foundation series (about 6 books) about 10 years ago and plan to get to them soon. In fact, I was looking for them on my bookshelf the other day when I came across Asimov's Robot Novels, which I hadn't read yet. So, now I'm in the middle of The Caves of Steel. So far, it is excellent.

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by Manley Peterson
    Well, I love Asimov. I read the original Foundation series (about 6 books) about 10 years ago and plan to get to them soon. In fact, I was looking for them on my bookshelf the other day when I came across Asimov's Robot Novels, which I hadn't read yet. So, now I'm in the middle of The Caves of Steel. So far, it is excellent.
    I prefer the robot books to Foundation. To OP, the original Foundation is a bit diffeent than the subsequent books.

Oliver

@op they do all kind of jump around like that, but you get into the rhythm of it and really enjoy the books. Just a heads up, the robot novels, empire series and foundation series (in that order) are all the same story. Each series definitely stands on it's own, but each series picks up where the previous one left off so to get the most out of Aasimov I would really recommend reading all three series together