When Angels Cry - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: When Angels Cry

Benjamin Button

Default Re: When Angels Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Crator
    10. Went beyond them. Great job Horse Girl! Gave me the inspiration to move ahead with my own book.

Also kudos to you to Ragdoll for hosting this!
    Glad to hear it, on both accounts of #10.

Yes, Ragdoll did a great job hosting and asking some thought-provoking questions. Thank you :thumbs up:

You may ask your own questions too. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?

For everyone, I have a few questions for consideration:

1. What were your overall impressions?

2. How did you feel about the individual characters after reading about them in this novella?

3. What do you think will happen in the future? What do you imagine...Even if you've read SA, you know that not everything is explained, so what do you think happens between?

The book club for Starfire Angels begins in about 2 1/2 weeks (see https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=2801.0 thread for details) but this club will be open the whole time to return to WAC. You may have further questions or discussion once you've read SA and want to return to discuss this part of the series again. I'm here throughout the day to answer questions and discuss with you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by horse_girl

Yes, Ragdoll did a great job hosting and asking some thought-provoking questions. Thank you :thumbs up:

Actually yes, I do have a few (just come in here in quick bursts due to work.)

1. Why did you choose angels? Any particular reason?

2. What exactly is bonding? Is it like marriage? You mentioned they could sense each other early on.

3. Will When Angels Cry be out in paperback ever? I could share it with friends then, though none read anyway really. But I can always hope they come around.

2. How did you feel about the individual characters after reading about them in this novella?

3. What do you think will happen in the future? What do you imagine...Even if you've read SA, you know that not everything is explained, so what do you think happens between?
    1. Very good. Well written. I went into this before.

2. I thought they were deep well thought out characters. Wish we could've gotten to know the Shirukan better. I hope I can see more of them in Starfire Angels

3. Padina will have the baby and she'll raise her with Scott. Maybe something bad will happen and she'll have to raise herself?

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by Crator
    Actually yes, I do have a few (just come in here in quick bursts due to work.)

1. Why did you choose angels? Any particular reason?

2. What exactly is bonding? Is it like marriage? You mentioned they could sense each other early on.

3. Will When Angels Cry be out in paperback ever? I could share it with friends then, though none read anyway really. But I can always hope they come around.
    1. I've always loved the idea of being able to fly and loved the idea of having wings. I knew there were a lot of angel books out there doing the same old angels vs demons, though. I wanted to do something different and love science fiction far more than urban fantasy. I wanted to play with the idea that angels with wings as we see them maybe were visitors from another world. (I've seen shows on one of the Discovery networks speculating about gods and goddesses of ancient cultures possibly being alien visitors, which only fuels my imagination.)

2. It's actually explained better as the series goes on, but I'll answer here too. The bonding is a telepathic link. It came about when the Starfire blended with their DNA. Through that exchange of energy by frequent, prolonged contact, two Inari form a link, a bond, in which they feel what each other feels (although to a lesser extent), and that would actually be the Starfire in their cells linking to itself in the other. The bond is permanent, until one dies. It's similar but slightly different to the way the consciousness the Starfire entities share with their Keeper.

3. I can make it available in print if there's enough interest, but the price wouldn't be what I consider reasonable for such a short book.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

#2-- (a bit of a SPOILER) Doctor Torres actually is not Inari; he's human. But you'll learn more about him after Starfire Angels. Remember, I wrote WAC after Broken Wings.
    Covers eyes

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

The book club for Starfire Angels begins in about 2 1/2 weeks (see https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=2801.0 thread for details) but this club will be open the whole time to return to WAC. You may have further questions or discussion once you've read SA and want to return to discuss this part of the series again. I'm here throughout the day to answer questions and discuss with you.
    1. since i didn't get to know Padina in the SA (and wished that i could) i was so pleased with this, i'm sad that i didn't get to find out more about Jerantis but it was meant to be i suppose

2. OHHH i love that i heard nothing really about Debbie except that she was Scotts relative

3. we never heard that Taran died, he was just ablaze.... dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

so, can i read broken wings now?! lololol <3 i'm picking up the other two as well

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

I love the book it makes me wonder of it wonder if it is possilbe for beings other that humans live on earth.

I love Padina and Scott. I wish they could raise the baby together.

I hope Scott can raise the baby.

Benjamin Button

What did everyone think of this book club? Was it too much to do? Too little? Too easy? Too [insert description here]?

Who's staying for Starfire Angels? (just curious)

Thanks for participating in this discussion

What did everyone think of this book club? Was it too much to do? Too little? Too easy? Too [insert description here]?

I liked it. It's nice to have other people to discuss a book with. My boyfriend and our roommate don't really read so it's good to have an outlet.

Mowgli

I thought it was good, no one I know in real life reads so it's nice to come here and discuss.

Yup I'll be here for Starfire Angels.

When does SA start? I've already finished it, so I'm just patiently waiting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast