First week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First week

Benjamin Button

Default First week

And here are the pages to read/review for this week...The first five chapters:

Dark Descends
    Miracles and Memories
    The Magic Touch
    Angel Wings
    Double Date

I'll post questions next weekend, but feel free to start any discussions before then on these chapters. I will be out of town next weekend (visiting in-laws), so I may not have time to get online right away, but I will get my questions posted at some point on Sunday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

Default Re: First week

uh oh! yayayay way stoked about this. mid way through Dark lover then i'm going to have to put that series on pause.

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Wow this came so fast...I'll start working on it today.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

So I'm having a looong day in the office and thought I would read a quick couple of chapters while I waited for some stuff to download....and I could not stop! How fabulous....Melanie, your book is terrific!

I made myself stop after chapter 5, so I don't get too far ahead of things. I'll look forward to the discussion questions, but until then, I'll just throw this thought out there:

We often seem to make choices that are not so good for us....and Raea certainly seems to be heading that way. Why do we do these things?!

And a bit off-topic, in a way, but being an equestrian (and from Miami) it reminded me of watching numerous riders over the years make very poor and dangerous horse-decisions, about which Dave Barry once wrote that women forgive homicidal behavior in their horses yet cannot forgive a man for leaving the toilet seat up.....perhaps I'm a bit guilty of that too!!

Maybe we perceive the risk to match the potential reward? Or the potential for danger is part of really living a life? But those are both informed positions, at least to this point Raea is unconsciously making what looks like a bad choice, so is that a natural tendency we all have?

OK, back to my corner!

Benjamin Button

OMG, Diana! I want to kiss you. That was so sweet. All you ladies are so great, but I'm in an especially thankful mood after some troll left a 1-star generic review on Amazon and someone else left a very sweet 4-star tonight. (Yes, I do read reviews. One never knows when there will be a nugget of wisdom to carry into the next book. And the positive feedback reminds us why we love to write--so others can enjoy reading our work.)

That is a great observation too. I try to keep my characters real and they don't always make the right choices. We often wonder why women in violent relationships continue, but from the outside it looks easy. It's a different story from the inside. As the reader/observer, it's easy to say that the character is doing something stupid, but--especially with multiple POVs--it's easy to see that coming. The character in question doesn't have all the information, just as someone in the real world. Besides that, teens do a LOT of stupid things, but it's part of the learning process of growing up.

LOL on the horses...I've had my share of moments of questioning why I keep going with Beau, especially after the last few days, but we hashed it out (amid a few bucks he threw in to say p*ss off). It's a long story in that, but the short end is I adjusted my seat balance and he's a very sensitive and dominating boy. If he doesn't like something, we eventually end up in a full-blown tantrum, which we had tonight...I won, again The point here is he's sooo talented. I may be signing my own death certificate to continue to work with him, but the chances of a great reward down the road makes it worth the risk. Am I stupid? Maybe, but I'm also aware of my safety and the risks I'm taking and do what I can to minimize them.

I couldn't help playing up on your analogy Btw, feel free to continue reading ahead. If you feel like rereading, you can do that too.

Thing 2

i've already read it so i'll be galavanting about with my head held high

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

omg..I've been reading it than I stopped because I thought omg..I need to read When Angel's Cry first...but I'm totally loving your book so far.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSin
    omg..I've been reading it than I stopped because I thought omg..I need to read When Angel's Cry first...but I'm totally loving your book so far.
    Yay! So glad to hear you like it. <-me every time someone says they love it.

I'm looking forward to discussing it with everyone.

This morning I had to get on here because I had to double check how far I should read because I was having a hard time putting it down.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Benjamin Button

As I've told others, go on and read it all if you don't want to stop. The reading segments, imho, are more for those who are slow readers to keep them up to speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast