First week Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thing 2

Default Re: First week Discussion

he's totally tall dark and handsome! I was a goth girl in school so maybe he appeals to that aspect of my life *it being based around that and what not*

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I think the purple eyes....which of course begs the obvious question Melanie, your husband has purple eyes?

Or are we talking about "violet" color, like they used to describe the young Elizabeth Taylor?

Back to the pallid Pallin color reference, I find it interesting that the "dark" characters are shaping up to be the good guys. I find that a very interesting and refreshing twist, especially with the more traditional concepts of light versus dark.

Benjamin Button

No. I'm referring to the personality. Allen is thoughtful, caring, and sensitive.

I loved the idea of switching the "traditional" light/dark good/bad colors >

I was inspired by an anime on that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Allen sounds lovely...you are a lucky gal, Miss Melanie!

Do you have the week 2 chapters? I'm eager to see where this goes....

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by PFMdg
    Allen sounds lovely...you are a lucky gal, Miss Melanie!

Do you have the week 2 chapters? I'm eager to see where this goes....
    Hee hee! I know! (eight great years of marriage so far and ten years together total )

I just posted the week 2 chapters, but I hope more people bring their discussion for the first five here. I'll post questions next week for this segment. Now we're onto discussing one segment while reading the next, unless you've read ahead

Benjamin Button

Are there no other opinions or questions?

Then I have a few more:

Who did you think would enter Raea's room, before the truth was revealed?

How would you feel if you woke up with wings without any explanation?

Granted we all come from different backgrounds, what did you think of Raea's response to the situation?

What were your thoughts when Elis showed himself to be the Dark Angel?

Would you be able to keep a secret like Raea had? Do you think Raea should have told anyone at that point?

What would you think if you discovered that you had powers?

What are your thoughts on the Starfire or questions that you want to see answered that perhaps weren't in Elis's explanation to Raea?

My opinion on Elis, he's mysterious..he's Gothic, and the purple eyes are way sexy too.

1. I figured with our luck it would be Scott her step dad, and she'd be all upset and be like. WHERE's MOM!

2. If I woke up with wings the first thing I would be freaking out too, I wouldn't know what to think. The second thing I'd think is this will be way faster to get to work.

3.I think Raea's response was natural for anyone.

4. When Elis was the angel, I was like BOO-YA!

5. I wouldn't tell anyone at this point it would be hard to keep the secret but understandable.

6. If I found out I had powers I'd be scared at first just like her.

7. What is the Starfire? Why was it given to her, I just need more of an explanation, not just your mom passed it down to you.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

my questions

I just don't understand the marks on their hands....I understand they glow when they do magic but if they can hide the wings can't they hide the marks on their hands too?

And if they can hide their wings why can't they hide their presence from the humans?

um...Melanie, can you describe the necklaces more to me, I totally don't picture them in my mind. Maybe I missed the description.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Benjamin Button

Let me see if this works...

Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PUPPYLOVE-Aqua-A...item3f026bf4c8

Hope that helps to picture the crystal shard clearer.

As far as the Starburst marks are concerned, the more Starfire blended with the individual's DNA, the bigger they are. That's why Shirukan can hide their wings but have no marks--not enough Starfire inherited. It's at the genetic level. They are an outlet for the power of the Starfire within the individual's body.

Mr. Darcy

Sorry to be late for the discussion been away for a few days. I have enjoyed the book thus far and will be glad to move on to the next section. I kinda expected Raes's visions to somehow be related to her mom, but was surprised the aunt was in on it. Wow can she keep a secret! I like the fact that Debbie is being portrayed as a adult who can be trusted with teen problems. Deep down I think when we are teenagers we need someone to trust, most of the the time parents are out, but an aunt that is a maybe.

Josh I think is going to be annoying and may even sell out his friendship later on, what do you think? (tv fame)

Pallin I figured he would be the one who everyone wants. I think he is definitely going to be one who is not what he appears to be. But I love Elis! He is dark, quiet, very mysterious. He is probably very sensitive and thinks before he speaks or acts, which is not something all males do naturally.

I kinda figured it would be Debbie who came in the room first. I was surprised she took locking her out so well, until I found out why. I have no idea what I would think if I woke up with wings! Panic?
    I was in line with her response. Anger, betrayal, are these real? The story about her mom. Frankly this girl has her head on her shoulders and is handling it whole lot better than I would. And yes, I would keep it a secret! Teenagers can be mean, (sorry if I have offended) can you imagine what they would to do her?

And Starfire, I'm still trying to figure it out. I may go back and read to refresh now that discussion has started.

Good Good GGood!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast