Second week discussion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Benjamin Button

Default Second week discussion

1. So, what did you think of these four longer chapters?

2. Is Pallin so hot after all?

3. What do you think of Raea's decision to insist on going out with him from what she sees?

4. A little more explanation of the Starfire and the Inari is introduced in this part of the book. What were your feelings on that?

5. What would you have thought upon seeing Elis's room for the first time? (the typical teen isn't quite so neat and tidy )

6. Why do you think the Starfire continues to show Raea scenes of her mother?

7. What were your first impressions of Nina Russet? Did that change as you read more about her?

8. What did you think seeing Elis with wings for the first time?

9. What do you think flying would be like?

10. Was Raea right to be upset with Elis for confronting Pallin, in your opinion (consider her point of view)?

11. What was your reaction when Nina and Pallin met? What do you think will happen?

You don't have to answer everything. The questions are to open discussion. Remember you can ask your own questions. Looking forward to what you all think

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Second week discussion

OK, I'll answer a few....

1. This grouping is much more tense, and I am starting to worry about Raea quite a bit....her reactions also make me worry on a larger scale that she lacks the maturity to really understand what has clearly been foreshadowed.

2. He is creeping me out in a HUGE way, the Nina hook-up was a little too skeevy for me!!

3. Poor Miss Raea, too immature, leading to misplaced rebelliousness perhaps. I would hope on some level she knows, but he has some serious "ick" factor going on - not to mention the warning from the most trustworthy Elis - so the insistence is a bit mystifying for me. I suspect she does realize and this is an I-will-do-what-I-want moment?

7. Impression of Nina gets worse with each chapter, I'm afraid.

9. I fly, so probably like Lazy 8s or chandelles without the airplane....hopefully without the Gs as well! Or maybe like hitting the perfect distance to a huge oxer off of a huge, engaged stride?

10. Not at all. She knows his mission and she also knows him to be the "fixer" - if he thinks something is off, she should have the sense to listen. And seriously, who would not listen to a charming guy with purple eyes who moonlights as a superhero?

11. Hookup. And that just left way too many anatomical questions in my mind, Mel... Thank heavens this is YA and the graphic part is inappropriate.

Thing 2

1. So, what did you think of these four longer chapters?

since i'm not re-reading i cn't quote nything

2. Is Pallin so hot after all?

i never really cared for pallin at all honestly

3. What do you think of Raea's decision to insist on going out with him from what she sees?

wouldn't hve been a decision i made kindabeing unlike herself and naive

4. A little more explanation of the Starfire and the Inari is introduced in this part of the book. What were your feelings on that?

i lvoed it! because when i was reading i wanted to ask you sooo mnny questions!

5. What would you have thought upon seeing Elis's room for the first time? (the typical teen isn't quite so neat and tidy )

i knew it! lol

6. Why do you think the Starfire continues to show Raea scenes of her mother?

because she shouldn't be thinking bout herself when it comes to THE WORLDlol

7. What were your first impressions of Nina Russet? Did that change as you read more about her?
    nope i hated her from second number one

8. What did you think seeing Elis with wings for the first time?

9. What do you think flying would be like?
    amazing!!!

10. Was Raea right to be upset with Elis for confronting Pallin, in your opinion (consider her point of view)?
    yes she was it was not his place at all

11. What was your reaction when Nina and Pallin met? What do you think will happen?
    :lipszipped:

You don't have to answer everything. The questions are to open discussion. Remember you can ask your own questions. Looking forward to what you all think

how did you mke Ninas personality

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I"m still reading this but almost done with it.

Ya I've been busy but I still love the book

Elis' room was so tidy it was wierd. than finding out he was a bit older was interesting.

Also at first I was like Nina is kinda cool than BAM it was a pain in the butt.

Pallin is starting to become creepy to me but he was at first too.

I also think seeing Elis' wings was way sexy.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Puck

OK, on greater reflection, I think #4, #5 & #10 are related here.

We get a more of a glimpse of Raea's personal history, her mother, the starfire and the Inari. Since we learn it through Raea's visions, we know hat she gets this info too. Then, these things are supplemented by some of the information she gleans from her (so-far limited) interaction with Elis.

I believe that Raea should be able to put 2 & 2 together a bit better. Yes, Elis' room is not that of a teen. Yes, she sees some of what she is part of that is not of the earthly world. Yes, she sees that Elis helps her when she really has a crisis and that he is going to teach her more. Further, Raea now knows that Elis has been sent to help/watch her.

So, I don't accept her behavior towards Elis when he warns her about Pallin. Perhaps she is just lashing out at the resentment of having the issues to deal with in the first place, but really, as a high school senior, she should be mature beyond a lashing out at the messenger because she does not like the message...just a thought. Can you tell she really bugged me here?

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    how did you mke Ninas personality
    She just came out from the b*tchy side of me plus throw in everything about people I don't like into the mix. I just let her be a total nosy, conniving, self-centered irritant. Since I try to be considerate and respectful of others, it was liberating to write her.

Quote Originally Posted by PFMdg
    OK, on greater reflection, I think #4, #5 & #10 are related here.

We get a more of a glimpse of Raea's personal history, her mother, the starfire and the Inari. Since we learn it through Raea's visions, we know hat she gets this info too. Then, these things are supplemented by some of the information she gleans from her (so-far limited) interaction with Elis.

I believe that Raea should be able to put 2 & 2 together a bit better. Yes, Elis' room is not that of a teen. Yes, she sees some of what she is part of that is not of the earthly world. Yes, she sees that Elis helps her when she really has a crisis and that he is going to teach her more. Further, Raea now knows that Elis has been sent to help/watch her.

So, I don't accept her behavior towards Elis when he warns her about Pallin. Perhaps she is just lashing out at the resentment of having the issues to deal with in the first place, but really, as a high school senior, she should be mature beyond a lashing out at the messenger because she does not like the message...just a thought. Can you tell she really bugged me here?
    No. i couldn't tell

I leave a lot to interpretation, but in my mind, Raea was dealing with a lot of stress and just wanting to be a normal teen, where Elis represented something she didn't really want, so she lashed out. I also felt that he overstepped an invisible line by confronting Pallin behind her back. What if he was wrong? It's easy to say in hindsight that he was justified, but at the time, Raea didn't know that and she didn't want to believe Elis...because of reasons she realizes later that she was unconsciously fighting within herself and wasn't ready to face. No more spoilery.

Glad I got you thinking

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSin
    I"m still reading this but almost done with it.

Ya I've been busy but I still love the book

Elis' room was so tidy it was wierd. than finding out he was a bit older was interesting.

Also at first I was like Nina is kinda cool than BAM it was a pain in the butt.

Pallin is starting to become creepy to me but he was at first too.

I also think seeing Elis' wings was way sexy.
    I'm still finding it amusing that everyone thinks the quiet shy guy is so sexy while the outgoing physically hot guy isn't. I hear that lot, which surprises me. Oddly, in real life, most young girls seem to ditch the nice guy...I wouldn't have my husband if his previous girlfriends hadn't given him the nice guy friends only speech.

Thing 2

goddess i'd hate to be on your bad side sheesh

At first I wanted Pallin and thought he was awesome..for awhile than Elis was like, well he looks like these bad people and now where I'm reading he's getting his freak on with that Nina lady..now i'm like EWWW Palin.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Thing 2

right him being with nina is what pushed my hatred for the lady STRAIGHT over the line

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast