Third week discussion

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Benjamin Button

Default Third week discussion

Time for some discussion questions.

1. What do you think of Raea's cousin David?

2. What did you think about Elis and Josh talking on the walk home? How about Elis's suggestion to Raea that she might confide in Josh?

3. How did you feel about Raea's developing interest in Elis?

4. A few of you have commented about the alcohol narcotic effect on Inari. Did you suspect something was going on with Pallin when you read about his reaction from the wine?

5. What did you think would happen when Nina saw the angels rising?

6. As for the proverbial "gun over the mantle" (a mystery trope where something is mentioned early on to hint at it having some significance not made clear until later), what did you think of the Lake farm set up?

7. What was your reaction when the Starfire reacted to Pallin's brief touch of Raea? When did you catch on that Pallin never touched Raea before or after that moment?

8. All right. Everyone hates Nina so I won't even ask what you thought about her confronting Raea after school. How did you feel when she caught the markings on Elis's fingers?

9. What did you think when Nina received her email?

10. How did you feel when Raea finally admitted to herself that she liked Elis?

11. What did you think when Raea and Linds stepped into the hotel to visit Pallin? How did you feel after learning the truth?

12. How did you feel about the setup to the point that Pallin ends up at the vacant farm house with Raea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Third week discussion

2/3. Raea really should confide in Josh. I already thought this - and maybe I even commented on it. There is always one truly trustworthy friend. Further, Debbie has shown that people can and do keep this secret to protect Raea, so why is our heroine such the skeptic? Teenage rebellion?
    Now it seems Elis thinks trusting Josh is not a bad idea, yet still no acceptance from Raea. One cannot ascribe the rebellion motive to Raea vis a vis Elis, so now it seems she resists his ideas even as she starts to reconcile her feelings for him and even when he is ALWAYS right? What's the deal here? There's something more.

4. I am really amazed that Pallin's training to go to Earth did not invlove knowledge of the wine thing. It's not like these evil folks have no experience on Earth....in fact I think there may be several in the government

7. I'm surprised she wanted anything to do with Pallin at all after that touch reaction. I am still a little surprised that she would go in person to reak up after that, but I see we need it for the story....and face it, these kids are much more polite in their small city than we are here in Metropolis!

10./11. I wonder why she is so recalcitrant with herself in acknowledging her feelings. I am also mystified by the level of attraction to Pallin by this point that has her enter his room and take - of all things - a glass of alcohol. Not standard high school break-up fare. So why the ambivalence after the touch, after accepting the idea of liking Elis, after knowing his suspicions about Pallin?

12. I was suspicious about Pallin and the murdered couple ....validation!!

Benjamin Button

Hello? Anyone here besides me and Diana? What happened to our book club?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by horse_girl
    Time for some discussion questions.

1. What do you think of Raea's cousin David? That is actually natural it seems like to me I had cousins that were the same way.

2. What did you think about Elis and Josh talking on the walk home? How about Elis's suggestion to Raea that she might confide in Josh? I was completely shocked when Elis said that, I was like Wha....omg..really?

3. How did you feel about Raea's developing interest in Elis? I was thinking **** ya! he's a hottie...and he's helping way more than you expected

4. A few of you have commented about the alcohol narcotic effect on Inari. Did you suspect something was going on with Pallin when you read about his reaction from the wine? No I didn't. I just figured he got drunk easily. Or he drank way more than he thought he did.

5. What did you think would happen when Nina saw the angels rising? I wasn't sure what was going to happen except RUN!! or FLY!! as the case may be

6. As for the proverbial "gun over the mantle" (a mystery trope where something is mentioned early on to hint at it having some significance not made clear until later), what did you think of the Lake farm set up? That was AWESOME! I would have never thought of it. Great Job Melonie!

7. What was your reaction when the Starfire reacted to Pallin's brief touch of Raea? When did you catch on that Pallin never touched Raea before or after that moment? part 1: I was like ut oh..he is the bad guy Elis thought he was.. part 2. I didn't even really realize it till that moment.

8. All right. Everyone hates Nina so I won't even ask what you thought about her confronting Raea after school. How did you feel when she caught the markings on Elis's fingers? um...I thought a cuss word..that I cannot post on this board.

9. What did you think when Nina received her email? I thought ut oh!!!!!

10. How did you feel when Raea finally admitted to herself that she liked Elis? I thought YES!!!! and a mental happy dance.

11. What did you think when Raea and Linds stepped into the hotel to visit Pallin? How did you feel after learning the truth? Part 1. I knew he was bad news...just felt it. part 2. I thought oh no....Elis was right..RUN Raea!

12. How did you feel about the setup to the point that Pallin ends up at the vacant farm house with Raea? oh no!! that's what I thought...run..run you silly girl....run!
    my answers are above in Red.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Benjamin Button

I had a few chuckles about those answers, VS.

Both you and Diana got me thinking.

Remember, I will answer questions in return if anyone has them.

I always enjoy a good chuckle, but did they break in the house...and how come there was no crime scene tape...um...i'm like confused or something....about the whole place where they got in, but it could be that i'm getting tired.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Thing 2

hehe i believe i remember this vividly the folks that were there had gotten murdered quite some time ago. (comparitivly i believe) so, that being said remember that there were angel things happening weeks before the book actually took place so, the people i believe had gotten murdered somewhere in there because in the news or something to that nature it said "where's our angel"

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSin
    I always enjoy a good chuckle, but did they break in the house...and how come there was no crime scene tape...um...i'm like confused or something....about the whole place where they got in, but it could be that i'm getting tired.
    Small town stuff, and it happened a while before Elis and Raea reached the house, so the major investigation would have been done by then and the son and other family members allowed back in, at least that's my reasoning.

Puck

Actually starting to think that Elis deserves someone more mature than Raea....how evil am I?

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by PFMdg
    Actually starting to think that Elis deserves someone more mature than Raea....how evil am I?
    Well...He is older.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast