Final week discussion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Benjamin Button

Default Final week discussion

Since so many have read all through STARFIRE ANGELS or are finishing up, I thought I'd open the mike early.

I may come back with more specific questions about the final chapters, but I'd rather hear any and all thoughts on them and the whole book. Go ahead and share them here. (Ragdoll, you can't spoil SA when this thread is for those who have completed the book )

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Final week discussion

Oh...my....word!

Ok, I hated Nina, but wow. Talk about <almost> instant karma!

And I hated Pallin, but wow. Now I really hate him. Dying isn't good enough, I'm afraid.

And poor, poor Raea. How awful.

Great story Melanie! Is Borken Wings the next chapter in the saga of Raea and Elis? I didn't see any of our intrepid hero in the bonus preview....what's up with that?

OMG I loved the book...couldn't get enough.

I was surprised when Nina died, part of me wanted Raea to save her, but part of me was like..no go help Elis.

I loved it. I didn't read the extra stuff at the end though because I didn't want to wreck the next book for me.

but do we see more of Elis in the next book?

I worry about poor Raea too, after all tha t has happened to her.

Normally I would be super upset but thank you for not bringing anything out in the book about that sort of thing. I appreciated it.

I wanted to cuddle with Elis at the end too...
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

It's really a credit to your writing Melanie, I start and then I have to know what happens next!!

I can't stop reading until I know it all worked out!

Kudos!

Benjamin Button

Thanks. You all make me feel so loved

VS, yes, the next book features Raea and Elis. In fact, I have four planned for them total under the series subtitle Dark Angel Chronicles, in honor of everyone's (and my <3) favorite character

Thing 2

so who read when angels cry with us?

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

YAY!!! I'm so glad that we can read more about them.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Benjamin Button

Sorry I've been away...very busy in rl.

Anyway, since some have asked, here are some questions for the final reading...

1. How did you feel about Elis disabling the vehicle on his way to save Raea?

2. What did you expect when he arrived at the farm house?

3. How did you feel about the fact that Keepers aren't supposed to kill? What did you think about Elis in that moment when he decided to let Pallin live rather than end his life?

4. What were you thinking when Elis laid down by Raea?

5. I think I can guess what everyone thought when Raea finally admitted her feelings for Elis

6. What did you think when Pallin revealed himself to Nina?

7. How did the whole rape thing affect you? What did you think of Raea's situation? I know a lot of people would be squeamish about that. Others felt that Raea should have done the "right thing" by going to a doctor.

8. What did you think of the final scenes with the confrontation between Elis, Pallin, Raea, and Nina and the disappearance of Pallin?

9. Overall, what were your impressions of the story?

1. Smart guy, less witnesses = less interference, especially when Nina the Witch is involved.
    2. I expected Raea to be bound and gagged, while Pallin tried to reach his commanding officers. And waiting for Elis so he could kill him.
    3. Aren't supposed to or choose not to (normally)? I gained even more respect for Elis when he walked away. Of course, maybe he knew that failures are sometimes punished by the Shirukan?
    6. I knew he had a hidden agenda. What he was planning to do made perfect sense to me...heck, if I were in his shoes, I'd do it too!
    7. At first, the rape startled me, but as I thought about it more, it made sense. A large chunk of time was missing and it totally fits in with what I think of the Shirukans' character as a whole. Take what they want, at others' cost. What surprised me was that Raea didn't know right away. Maybe it's just me, but I'm assuming she was a virgin, and when I lost my virginity, it hurt! And I felt it for a few days. But then, she's not human either. Which is why she was right not to go to the doctor.
    8. I think Pallin will be back...somewhere, sometime....
    9. Loved it so much, couldn't wait to read BW (and didn't)!

Quote Originally Posted by horse_girl
    Sorry I've been away...very busy in rl.

Anyway, since some have asked, here are some questions for the final reading...

1. How did you feel about Elis disabling the vehicle on his way to save Raea? I thought it was a great idea. Although I was very surprised

2. What did you expect when he arrived at the farm house? I expected police crime scene stuff, or maybe at least alot of muddy foot prints.

3. How did you feel about the fact that Keepers aren't supposed to kill? It sounds like a normal thing but what do you do when the person you love more than anything in the world might get killed or hurt. You fight! What did you think about Elis in that moment when he decided to let Pallin live rather than end his life? Part of me wanted him to kill him but part of me as a superhero would, would say, turn him in to the higher powers, call your family and make him do what needs to be done to get rid of him.

4. What were you thinking when Elis laid down by Raea? awww is what I thought.

5. I think I can guess what everyone thought when Raea finally admitted her feelings for Elis about time! is what I thought.

6. What did you think when Pallin revealed himself to Nina? I thought omg...he's totally planning on killing her too.

7. How did the whole rape thing affect you? This is something that really really really upsets me. I was like..oh my god...I don't know why but it always makes me very uneasy and also not want to read something but since you didn't go into detail (thank goodness) I was okWhat did you think of Raea's situation? I thought, now Elis will not be happy with her. I know a lot of people would be squeamish about that. Others felt that Raea should have done the "right thing" by going to a doctor.

8. What did you think of the final scenes with the confrontation between Elis, Pallin, Raea, and Nina and the disappearance of Pallin? I was just as scared as Raea was.

9. Overall, what were your impressions of the story?

I loved the story though...
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast