Broken Wings week 1 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Broken Wings week 1

omg..I'm so behind..

I've been so stressed lately I'm sorry guys! I'll catch up as soon as I can.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Benjamin Button

No problem. It looks like a few people are behind. I'm glad we can take it slow if we want.

1. What were your first impressions of Nare? What of Elis's reaction to her?
    She comes off as...definitely outspoken, "I know better than you."

2. In partial address to Diana's statement, Raea wasn't actually introduced to the idea of bonding (it was mentioned in Pallin's thoughts). How would you react if you found out that your new boyfriend had neglected to say "Oh, and by the way, once we start getting serious, you can't change your mind. You're stuck with me for the rest of your life, even if you decide later that you can't stand me"?
    Well crap. I'd like to think Fate wouldn't hand me a stack like that.

4. What do you think Tarolis is doing on Earth at NeoGen Labs? (only hinted so far)
    I think he's trying to target missing Crystal Keepers. Or a hostile takeover of Earth, ha!

6. What did you think about Raea taking some time to think about her relationship with Elis?
    She's slow to the punch, isn't she... I think she's being foolish, but who isn't at that age.

8. What do you think of Nare keeping Raea and Elis separate?
    I wonder if she has an ulterior motive?

9. What did you think of Elis revealing himself to Josh? Any thoughts on their conversation right before that?
    I thought that was so bad-***!!!! Like, "Josh, hang on..." Poof! Wings. I'm surprised Josh didn't have to change his pants. Elis always knew he could trust Josh, so it wasn't a huge deal.

12. Where did you expect Raea to wake up?
    I expected her to wake up with the Shirukan, not the rebels. That's for sure.

13. What do you think of the new "friends" Raea made? (what are your first impressions?)
    I'm wary, it's a different planet, different customs, you just don't know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Benjamin Button

Thanks, Jenn!

Where is everyone else?

Puck

In the barn.....sorry.

I'll have more to post for this & week 2 tomorrow...if I survive wind chill into the 30s, my house has no heat....and tile floors.

Benjamin Button

Brrr, Diana!

I suppose you wouldn't need heat in Florida, at least not very often.

Thing 2

eep! love love love Orlando lol.

it got cold here about two weeks ago up until then. i was in shorts

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Puck

I'm an ice cube, no question, even my horses are shivering. It's too cold for them even to be frisky.

Quote Originally Posted by horse_girl
    1. What were your first impressions of Nare? What of Elis's reaction to her?
    8. What do you think of Nare keeping Raea and Elis separate?
    Something's definitely up....I don't trust her at all. I am such a conspiracy theorist, but I expect a huge reveal here....

2. In partial address to Diana's statement, Raea wasn't actually introduced to the idea of bonding (it was mentioned in Pallin's thoughts). How would you react if you found out that your new boyfriend had neglected to say "Oh, and by the way, once we start getting serious, you can't change your mind. You're stuck with me for the rest of your life, even if you decide later that you can't stand me"?
    5. How did you feel about Elis's note to Raea?
    6. What did you think about Raea taking some time to think about her relationship with Elis?
    Ok Melanie, help me out here. I thought Raea had a vision through the starfire where she saw her mother (presumably with her father) and they were discussing another suitor of Padima's and I thought bonding was mentioned. Am I insane? Did the cold freeze my one remaining brain cell?

That aside, I agree Elis should have discussed it....in a perfect world...which this <clearly> is not. Events conspired that made things rather extraordinary. I would be angry, yes, but in the context, I would cut the guy some slack. I think Elis has shown himself to have an excellent character and treated Raea very well - even when she was horrid to him. She has acknowledged that she loves him, he saved her life, supported her through some tumultuous stuff...I simply can't jump on the "Elis is a bum" bandwagon.

4. What do you think Tarolis is doing on Earth at NeoGen Labs? (only hinted so far) This won't become a main point for a couple more books, but
    Something very not good - world domination?

7. What do you expect of the two men in the car outside the school?
    Again, something not good - I really am a conspiracy theorist....for the record, I do trust people over 40.

9. What did you think of Elis revealing himself to Josh? Any thoughts on their conversation right before that?
    10. How did you feel when Elis couldn't save Raea? What about his choice to save Nare?
    11. What did you think of the flashback to when Elis lost his family?
    I think Elis had no choice and we know that Josh is a trustworthy person, so I think the decision was the only possible recourse. If he had not done so, Raea and likely Nare would both be dead/captured. Then again, we know Elis has sound judgement and seems to always do the right thing. The horror of what happened to him, keeps him on the straight & narrow in a way that builds his character, I think.....so don't let me down and make him a bad guy, OK Melanie?

12. Where did you expect Raea to wake up?
    13. What do you think of the new "friends" Raea made? (what are your first impressions?)
    I expected her to wake up in front of that thing where she is supposed to deposit her crystal for the bad guys. The new friends seem fine, but I don't trust Cris...too Pallin-like, perhaps?

Benjamin Button

Quote Originally Posted by PFMdg
    Ok Melanie, help me out here. I thought Raea had a vision through the starfire where she saw her mother (presumably with her father) and they were discussing another suitor of Padima's and I thought bonding was mentioned. Am I insane? Did the cold freeze my one remaining brain cell?

That aside, I agree Elis should have discussed it....in a perfect world...which this <clearly> is not. Events conspired that made things rather extraordinary. I would be angry, yes, but in the context, I would cut the guy some slack. I think Elis has shown himself to have an excellent character and treated Raea very well - even when she was horrid to him. She has acknowledged that she loves him, he saved her life, supported her through some tumultuous stuff...I simply can't jump on the "Elis is a bum" bandwagon.
    Oh, yes. You're right. My bad.

Since I wrote BW a year and a half ago, I can only guess what I was thinking for an explanation at the time. All I can see now is that Raea had no frame of reference when she had that vision. I never explained it in SA, but she could have thought it was no different than marriage, like how we share our husbands' successes and failures, their emotional pleasure and pain and to some degree physical, for the rest of our lives together. That would be completely different than what she learned in BW.

I hope that sounds reasonable. We don't always write every little thought in the books but leave things up to readers to interpret or figure out. That's what makes reading fun for me. I like a little mystery and not having all the answers, so I tend to write like that too, although I can't write unless I understand something at the time I write it. It always has to be reasonable and probable for the character to act/think as they do at the time I write a scene.

i'm sorry with the holiday's I'm so far behind..
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast