10/04/2010 - Second Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mad Hatter

Default 10/04/2010 - Second Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

Here are the chapters/pages to read and comment on for the Week of 10/04/2010:

Chapters 8-14 (Page 143)

By the Sunday that ends this week's eRead, I'd like to ask people provide at least 2 comments with at least one entry that is unique to what had already been said for the week.

If this is too limiting, really feel free to start any discussions before then or in any order on these chapters.

1st Commenter: KatFromMD
    2nd Commenter: Joykins
    3rd Commenter: CeCeSG
    4th Commenter: cltomp
    5th Commenter: houndstooth
    6th Commenter: Amber (AKA RagdollvX)
    7th Commenter: skottiesgerl
    8th Commenter: Donna (AKA wdblevin)
    nth Commenter: <anybody and everybody!>

Donna

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: 10/04/2010 - Second Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

FYI, feel free to start the discussion without me. I'll be on vacation from 10/2-10/11, and while the resort does have a computer in the business center, I'm not planning on spending a lot of time there!!

Tom Sawyer

this is a duplicate post. I posted it just now in last weeks discussion as well, but want to make sure I get it addressed so forgive me....but

Hello all, I am soo sorry but I am REALLY trying to get through the chapters in this book but am having a very hard time..this is not my normal genre of books i like to read and the current day story is easy, its the Greek mythology that is boring the crap out of me.... Someone please help me get motivated. I Really want to participate, but I am only on page 17! so that shows you how behind I am. I can only get through a few pages before i get bored and have to put it down. Really want to enjoy it and give my feedbacks (without being a stick in the mud) so Please any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

apologizing now for my lack of participation.

skottiesgerl
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Donna

Puck

there are 2 sexy scenes by chapter 7. Does that help?

d'Artagnan

I think the story definitely picked up speed after that first steamy scene. I like that they keep teasing you about when things will happen between them. Not that I don't enjoy reading steamy scenes, but I do like to feel like there's more of a connection between the characters before they do the deed.

I think she uses mythology pretty sparingly and lightly. The more you know of Argolea, the less it seems to be bound by the old tales of mythology.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    I'm still reading...it is picking up a bit...I of course am only where she brought him home injured and she is helping him..Nick Just showed up at her home...YES I know I am a bit behind but I will catch up quickly..please don't remove me. I will complete the book and participate.

thanks for the understanding.

PS...yes a good steamy scene would help allot...lol
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

Mad Hatter

Oh, I didn't mean to say I was removing you from the 'club'... I just know that if I couldn't get into a book, I would drop it... We'd love you to join us whenever you feel like it!

Donna

Ok, just finished chapters 8-14. Can we start chatting about it yet? I'm reading another book for another book club I'm in- we're reading The Forgotten Garden. I just started it and I have to finish it by Friday so I didn't think I'd get to Marked for a few days. BUT the forgotten garden is frustrating me, so I put it down for today and picked up Marked (that's figuratively of course since they're both on my Nook). - sorry, venting here.

Skottiesgerl, the book is starting to pickup in action if that helps and we're starting to get some explanations.

****SPOILERS NEXT************************SPOILERS NEXT*****************SPOILERS NEXT*****

My first thought at this point is that I like Theron less and less each time he uses human in a derogarty manner. I loved when Helene pointed out that his ancestors, and therefore Theron, were part human too.

And is anyone else thinking that since both Isadora and Casey are sick and dying that perhaps bringing them together will actually make them both whole?

~CeCe

Tom Sawyer

DISCUSSION OF SECOND WEEK READING:

CeCe: I never really liked Theron, so I'm not sure his attitudes towards humans make me feel any different about him. I was happy to see that he was at least able to restrain himself while Casey is sick and desperately in need of rest.

For those of us who like Nick, it was very interesting to see his role expand...and his, um, "relationship" with Dana! The whole thing about Theron thinking Nick is both human and Argonaut makes me wonder if somehow he WAS an Argonaut, but was stripped of something when he left Argolea? I mean, he seems to have all the powers, even though supposedly the half-bloods don't. AND he clearly has contacts in Argolea. The fact that he's Demetrius' half brother makes it seem like maybe he's one of these characters who is sure he is bad news to others because his family is, but in the end realizes that his actions are what make him good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast