10/18/2010 - Fourth/Final Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mad Hatter

Default 10/18/2010 - Fourth/Final Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

Here are the chapters/pages to read and comment on for the Week of 10/18/2010:

Chapters 22-27 + Adjunct pages (Page 271)

To whomever (in whatever order) is interested in commenting... No spoilers, please, before 10/18/2010.

Donna

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: 10/18/2010 - Fourth/Final Week eRead of Marked (Elisabeth Naughton)

It's time to rally the troops... Has anybody but houndstooth (I think) and I finished this eBook.... Thoughts/comments?

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I finished it...shall we start discussing, or wait for a few others?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Kat, lets go for it... You start!

Donna

OK, I really liked this book! Theron redeemed himself. Casey was smart without being a witch. And am I the only one who kind of liked Hades? And I think I would like to see to see several characters in the future books including Morpheus and Nick.

Can you tell I really liked it?
    ~CeCe

Mad Hatter

Someday, I might be interested in reading the book about Zander: http://www.elisabethnaughton.com/books/entwined/

The fact that Nick had his hands around Dana's neck didn't do much for me. I cannot tell if he's going to have his own book by just a quick glance here: http://www.elisabethnaughton.com/books/

Maybe the following unanswered/unresolved (to me) items are addressed in the series: The king, the fact that Isa and Casey cannot be separated much if at all, etc.

I would say overall, in comparison to what I normally read in the romance genre, I'd give it between a 3.5 and 4 (out of 5).

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I definitely enjoyed it, though I did pretty much see it coming that both Isa and Casey would live.

I was a little confused when Theron brought Casey back to Argolea and it was just like the "human" world. At the beginning he seemed so uncomfortable about the seemingly "foreign" world he was in with her, but then gets home and Argolea is just the same. It almost seemed like the author got tired of trying to create Argolea and couldn't come up with an original description of Theron's home.

I also have to admit that I was a little blown away by Theron's praise of Casey during his rant to the king. I mean, sure, he's in love with her and she's definitely gotten the short end of the deal, but I just hadn't seen evidence about her being as totally selfless as he made her out to be. Yes, she's a really good, caring person, but I don't think Theron or the audience saw enough to describe her as such a saint.

I do like the idea at the end that Theron had so embraced his human side, which theoretically will make him an even better leader.

I agree, Casey and Isa both surviving was no surprised, but I was drawn into how that would happen. I think she did well on that.

I was left surprised by Theron's over the top praise of Casey too. Especially seeing that he spent less time with her than we had at that point. I don't think his time with her in the book would total to a week. I'm willing to suspend disbelief, but it does annoy when an author has two people fall in love and has the characters credit each other for attributes they've had no opportunity to see or experience. With the soul mate angle in this book, I thought it unnecessary. Theron's tirade would have been fine with out it especially since he was so outraged over the treatment of the Misos.
    ~CeCe

d'Artagnan

I enjoyed it, and I thought, for the beginning of what appears to be a series, she did a pretty good job of laying out Argolea. I thought Theron redeemed himself pretty well, although I do like to see more romance and getting to know you in a story. Sometimes a quick leap into the good stuff works, though. I haven't read anything else from this series yet, since I have several other books that I was wanting to get to, so I don't know if it picked up any from that. I'd probably give another one a shot if I was at a point where I was looking for another quick read. I didn't think there was anything particularly novel about the plot line, but it was well-written and a fun tale.

Tom Sawyer

I enjoyed the book I always knew Theron was a good guy

I have to say I kind of felt like I was left hanging, Nick's character was not fully explained to me, Casey's sister and the kings lives were just kind of left hanging out there, and then I also have to use a bit of reality, you mean to tell me No one will miss the fact that Casey has disappeared from earth? SERIOUSLY?

Still a good story just felt like some things were left hanging, so I think you might be right...could this be a series?
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast