Questions for romance readers

Mowgli

Red face Questions for romance readers

Hi,

I'd like to start a discussion around reading habits. Do you tend to read the same few authors? How do you find new authors (see ads, browse the Nook Book Store, suggestions from friends, etc)? Do you reread beloved books? Do you stay within a particular sub-genre (historical, romantic suspense, scifi romance, time-travel, etc), or do you read anything with a romance theme? Do you enjoy books outside the romance genre?

I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to reading. I bounce around all over the place; romance, mystery, literature, horror, etc. And I'm always on the lookout for new-to-me authors. I just wondered about the habits of other readers.

~Donna~

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Hi Donna, Like you, I have eclectic reading tastes. For me, romance in all its variations + women's fiction, chick lit, mystery, thrillers, mainstream literary. I also love biography & non-fiction, depending on the subject. I'm not drawn to fantasy, sci-fi but these aren't genres I know well and if someone tells me I NEED to read a certain book, I'd definitely check it out.

In my own books, I write romantic women's fiction, historical fiction, and, because of my life long love of animal, I even wrote a stand alone love story with an animal heroine, Zuri. With my DH, I write thrillers. So my interests really range all over the place.

I'm looking forward to hearing what other readers think. Thanks so much for this thread!
    Last edited by Ruth Harris; 11-23-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: fixed typo