INPUT NEEDED - PLEASE READ - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Re: INPUT NEEDED - PLEASE READ

Ack! I think I want to join you all, but I'm already doing the Sci-Fi book club AND the Romance book club. Romance is four weeks mostly in October, and the Sci-Fi is going to be the next six weeks. I definitely should have the time, I just don't know if I can keep track of them all at the same time.

Also, I'll be very busy with limited internet access at certain points, particularly Thanksgiving week. I think I'll see how the next week goes with the start of the other book clubs, and then see if I think I can join you all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    bummer!! it is going to be a 2 month book club.. so maybe you could read a little bit with us? lol
    LOL. I really doubt it. The timing is just not good for me. October through December I will be a crazy woman. I haven't even managed to finish one book since classes started.
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KatFromMD
    Ack! I think I want to join you all, but I'm already doing the Sci-Fi book club AND the Romance book club. Romance is four weeks mostly in October, and the Sci-Fi is going to be the next six weeks. I definitely should have the time, I just don't know if I can keep track of them all at the same time.

Also, I'll be very busy with limited internet access at certain points, particularly Thanksgiving week. I think I'll see how the next week goes with the start of the other book clubs, and then see if I think I can join you all.
    yeah, I can definitely understand your hesitation. The Historian is not a light-hearted tome lol It's around 700 pages (hence the extended time frame), and right now I'm planning on scheduling about 10 chapters per week. There are 79 chapters and an epilogue - so figuring 8 weeks, 10 chapters a week for 10 weeks, and then the last week will be 9 chapters and the epilogue. It figures to be a little under 90 pages a week.

I haven't figured exactly what we're going to do during Thanksgiving week, but I'm thinking alot us are going to be to busy to log in and talk about it, so we might just take a break that week with the discussion questions, and then the next week discuss whatever we want to about it the next week.

So, think about it. We'd love to have you. I can understand if you can't be a FULL participating member (and that means you won't be eligible for the grab bag drawing) but we'd still love it if you could read with us and discuss when you're available!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

2 months works for me and I am in. I bought it and it's on my nook. I need to finish the book I am reading and then I will start it so I can get a head start!
    ~*Stephanie*~

Currently reading on Two-Lu - BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia

Bask in my normalcy and read my ramblings on my blog - http://www.rowdysmommy.blogspot.com/

Administrator

Remember for those of you that can't join us in the exact time frame we have outlined. April's questions will be posted in seperate threads and this board will stay up for quite some time after Oct/Nov (though it may be moved to the 'former book clubs' board). So even if you can't do the time frame we have here, you can always come back and do the questions and comment along when you do read!! I am sure April will be checking the board for new posts even after the book club officially closes.

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Tom Sawyer

Well, I read most of my Sci-Fi club reading for the week last night, so I'm thinking I can handle it. (I'm on disability, so I have lots of reading time available...it's the remembering it and keeping it straight in my head that's the hard part!)

I think my decision was just made, though, when I discovered that my library has TWO copies of The Historian on Overdrive, and neither are checked out! That makes me think I'll have no problem getting it from the library to read.

Count me in!

Mr. Darcy

Count me in with October and November! Better finish up with the ones I already have started. Thank you again for being our host!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vickiec
    Count me in with October and November! Better finish up with the ones I already have started. Thank you again for being our host!
    Awesome to have you! And you too Kat!!

I'm really excited to host this book club, this is an excellent book and it's one that you really WANT to discuss with other people. That's one of the things I was bummed about when I first read it, no one else I knew had read it so I didn't have anyone to talk about it with. I have also been meaning to read it again at some point, so this is a perfect time to do it!

Rachel made an excellent point, as long as people are posting on this board, I'll keep reading and responding, so even if you can't be part of the "main event" don't feel like you have to miss out entirely on it.
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Tom Sawyer

Well, I've read the first 100 pages, and I'm wondering if I should start reading Dracula as well to prepare for this--I've never read it or seen the movie. If I don't read Dracula, will I miss out on subtleties of plot?

Super Moderator

no, i don't think so. I haven't read dracula and I enjoyed the story just fine, but that's just me
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast