INPUT NEEDED - PLEASE READ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default INPUT NEEDED - PLEASE READ

Since The Historian is longer than the "average" book and October can be a busy month for people with Halloween and the beginning of the holidays (for those who like to get a head start lol). The question Rachel posed to me is if I would like to make The Historian an October-November book club, so instead of the 4 weeks it would be 6-8 weeks long. This would make the reading chunks smaller each week. It would also give us more discussion time and we wouldn't feel so rushed to get through the pages before November.

I personally think it makes sense to extend this particular book club because of the length of the book and because of the timing, HOWEVER I wanted to get everyone elses opinions before I decide the pages we'll read each week.

I don't know your schedule, and I want most of all that this be something FUN we do together and not something we rush through or that becomes a chore and some arbitrary reading assignment. FUN FUN FUN is the name of the game!! lol

So, please let me know in this thread what you would like to do: have it be October only in which case the last day of the book club will be on Oct. 31st, OR extend it into NOVEMBER in which case the end date will be decided after I pick the chunks of pages we will read each week.

Thank you!!

I also would like to know for sure who is going to participate in the club because I have a special surprise ready and we will have a drawing for who will win it. But I will probably create a seperate thread to tell you all about that!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: INPUT NEEDED - PLEASE READ

I think that is a geat idea. I have already started reading the Historian. It is a long book and I think it will take time to read. It is such a good book. I do not want to rush through it.I would like to be able to take my time and enjoy the book.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    I think that is a geat idea. I have already started reading the Historian. It is a long book and I think it will take time to read. It is such a good book. I do not want to rush through it.I would like to be able to take my time and enjoy the book.
    Thanks! I think it's a great idea too, and I'm all for it, I just want to make sure that everyone else who wants to be involved thinks it's a good idea too, as this would mean that The Historian would be the "official" book club book for both October and November.

Your opinion is noted!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

I'm good with it taking 6-8 weeks too.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    I'm good with it taking 6-8 weeks too.
    Cool, thanks!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    Thanks! I think it's a great idea too, and I'm all for it, I just want to make sure that everyone else who wants to be involved thinks it's a good idea too, as this would mean that The Historian would be the "official" book club book for both October and November.

Your opinion is noted!
    I hope everyone else feels that way too. It is a good book. We should not rush reading it.

Tom Sawyer

October-November would be much better for me, too. As much as I look forward to participating in this, October through December are crazy busy for me and I just won't have the reading time I'd like.

I just reached a goal in a costume project I've been working on, and am rewarding myself by purchasing the ebook tonight!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by goodword
    October-November would be much better for me, too. As much as I look forward to participating in this, October through December are crazy busy for me and I just won't have the reading time I'd like.

I just reached a goal in a costume project I've been working on, and am rewarding myself by purchasing the ebook tonight!
    Nice to reward yourself with a good book!! I don't think you will be disappointed with this one!!
    Thanks for weighing in. I am going to leave this open until tomorrow and if no one else weighs in then it will be official. I would leave it open longer for further discussion but it seems like everyone so far is open to it being extended and I have to get planning on the page scheduling and so then I can begin formulating questions and such.
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by goodword

It is nice to reward yourself for a job well done.

Tiny Tim

While the four weeks wouldn't pose a problem, I would definitely feel more comfortable with the 6-8 week stretch. That way, instead of charging through the book like a madman, I can actually flip back to re-read some of the parts that end up getting discussed.
    Currently Reading:
    Crown of Daggers by Robert Jordan
    The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway

Lendable:
    The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
    The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan
    The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
    Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast