Chit Chat :) - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat :)

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Chit Chat :)

Quote Originally Posted by vickiec
    Hi, my name is Vickie. I live in southern Illinois and I work part-time out of my home. My husband and I have horses, he rides and I don't, so that gives me time to do lots of reading. I also quilt. I admit since getting my Noel Nookie for Chrstmas, Seems like I read more than quilt! I thank you again for hosting and am looking forward to reading this book. I listened to it in audio form a few years ago, but don't remember all that much. I love a good mystery!!
    Hi Vickie... Come visit your fellow horse owners/lovers here: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=2463.0

It's a long thread with over 300 posts, but there are some great pix and chat on there if you want to join in.

<back on topic>

Donna

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

April: I have never worked for someone like the people in the book. I have worked for some upleasant people. My last live in job was a nightmare. Now I only do live out. I did read the book and I loved it. Even though I have not worked for anyone like the women in the book. I have friends who have worked for someone like her.

Mr. Darcy

Hello everyone!

It is glad to "meet" you.

I know that we have not officially started yet, but I put a stellar effort in to read today (even though my day was crazy). I must say that the first 6 chapters are page turners, pushing me to read on and on.
    ~*~ Cyn ~*~

currently reading: The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (Oct-Nov Book Club Selection)

just finished: The Strain - Guillermo del Toro &
    Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne

up next: The Passage - Justin Cronin

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    April: I have never worked for someone like the people in the book. I have worked for some upleasant people. My last live in job was a nightmare. Now I only do live out. I did read the book and I loved it. Even though I have not worked for anyone like the women in the book. I have friends who have worked for someone like her.
    I am glad you haven't worked for anyone like the women in the book.. she sounded like such an oddball (from what I remember, its been quite a few years since I read it, so I might be thinking of another book too). I don't think I could do any sort of nanny job for someone who was so called "high society" because it would just irritate me to death LOL

I don't think I'd ever want to live in anywhere either, even if the people were nice because that would just feel like I was at my job 24/7 with nowhere to go for rest and reprieve.. and then you get into the whole situation of when it my OFF time and when is my ON time, and you probably end up working more than what you are getting paid for.

Do you work for solely one family at any given time, or do you take on more than one family depending on the schedules they need you for? Depending on where you work in New York, and who you are working for, I bet you could make a nice chunk of change doing that though, so hopefully you're getting paid well!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCyn
    Hello everyone!

It is glad to "meet" you.

I know that we have not officially started yet, but I put a stellar effort in to read today (even though my day was crazy). I must say that the first 6 chapters are page turners, pushing me to read on and on.
    I just started reading it again last night.. and I'm already reading it a lot differently then I had before, because before I was just reading it for ME, and this time around I'm reading it but also trying to keep in mind my thoughts and writing things down as they come, so hopefully I can come up with some good discussion questions...
    frankly everyone, I hope this book club doesn't become a big disappointment to everyone!! I swear I'm trying my best, but I am really afraid that my discussion questions are going to be SOOO lame! :hide wall:
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    ....frankly everyone, I hope this book club doesn't become a big disappointment to everyone!! I swear I'm trying my best, but I am really afraid that my discussion questions are going to be SOOO lame! :hide wall:
    Don't worry. Relax! The experience will be great and I don't think we'll riot
    ~*~ Cyn ~*~

currently reading: The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (Oct-Nov Book Club Selection)

just finished: The Strain - Guillermo del Toro &
    Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne

up next: The Passage - Justin Cronin

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCyn
    Don't worry. Relax! The experience will be great and I don't think we'll riot
    Thanks.. haha I hope no one riots otherwise I'm gonna be in big trouble!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Tom Sawyer

Hi everyone! I'm Heather and I live in Maryland.

I will admit that I may not be as active as some, I have a tendency to lurk.. but I do read the posts.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to listen to the audiobook for this (I have some audible credits burning a hole in my account), or get the nook version. I'm also reading Ken Follett's newest, so I'm tempted to listen. I'm in the car a lot dragging the kids here and there, so I like having a book set aside for then. Plus, I tend to pick up more details when I'm listening as I have a tendency to skim the pages if I start getting bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Hi everyone! I'm Heather and I live in Maryland.

I will admit that I may not be as active as some, I have a tendency to lurk.. but I do read the posts.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to listen to the audiobook for this (I have some audible credits burning a hole in my account), or get the nook version. I'm also reading Ken Follett's newest, so I'm tempted to listen. I'm in the car a lot dragging the kids here and there, so I like having a book set aside for then. Plus, I tend to pick up more details when I'm listening as I have a tendency to skim the pages if I start getting bored.
    Hi Pickles I hope you decided to join us.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Hi Pickles I hope you decided to join us.
    Anne, I'll join and read along.. I just don't know how "talkative" I'll be.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast