Chit Chat :) - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chit Chat :)

Super Moderator

Default Re: Chit Chat :)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    I read 7 chapters last night. That's how far behind I am - I start chapter 18 at lunch today! (I was halfway through the second week reading when it was returned - I might cave and buy it anyway, since it goes back again in a week LOL). I should be caught up by Sunday though.
    if you can afford it, it might be worth buying because it's definitely a book worth reading a second time around. that's got to be frustrating to keep having a book you're reading fly away on you!!

good to hear you're getting caught up. I did a heavy stint of reading last night too. I'm actually on schedule to finish the weeks reading on time (if I didn't just jinx myself)!!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Count me in on the behinditious. I started a craft project, and haven't done a lick of this week's reading.

Puck

Are we officially in an "off" week to catch up?

Quite frankly, it is hard to put the book away after 10 chapters...I am finding it a quick read, once I start. Maybe we could pump up the number of chapters a bit for future weeks and give folks a chance to catch up?

Then we can discuss week 3 in a bit more depth?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PFMdg
    Are we officially in an "off" week to catch up?

Quite frankly, it is hard to put the book away after 10 chapters...I am finding it a quick read, once I start. Maybe we could pump up the number of chapters a bit for future weeks and give folks a chance to catch up?

Then we can discuss week 3 in a bit more depth?
    I don't know if it's "official" yet lol

I'm leery of adding chapters for future weeks because I know some of us read slower than others (and I know for me, sometimes I'm scrambling to finish the 10 chapters by the end of the week, just because sometimes I'm slow to pick up the book in the first place for some reason )

I propose a compromise - I will post this weeks discussion questions as soon as I have them (yeah,... i'm 4 chapters behind in my reading as well..bad me!)

I have no problem with people continuing to post in the week 3 discussion thread.

Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Super Moderator

I apologize again for the delay in the discussion questions - this last bit of reading was much longer than I anticipated, but I'm almost finished and I anticipate being able to post the questions either later on tonight or tomorrow. I feel really embarrassed about being late in my readings the past few weeks - I'm supposed to be leading this group and I've been behind!

So far I think we've had some great discussions though and I am looking forward to seeing everyones thoughts as we finish out these last few weeks.
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Super Moderator

Just out of curiosity - where is everyone else on the reading? I know I've been finishing behind schedule the past few weeks, so is everyone else behind too?

Each week it seems like Sunday sneaks up on me! But I do feel terrible for being late in putting up the weekly questions because I'm supposed to be leading this group and instead I'm late. :/

I've noticed that it takes a few days before anyone attempts the new questions though, so that makes me think I'm not the only one who is a little slower at reading the weekly assignments. I hope that's true!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Tom Sawyer

I did 20 chapters this weekend to get to chapter 50. I just started last weeks reading for this weeks discussion.

I was caught up, until my book went back. I need to redownload it from the library (already checked it back out).
    Oh and I'm just re-reading the Fever series so I don't get too involved in another book while this is going on.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    I was caught up, until my book went back. I need to redownload it from the library (already checked it back out).
    Oh and I'm just re-reading the Fever series so I don't get too involved in another book while this is going on.
    lol wow, I've decided not to read any other books while I'm reading this one (for one thing, no time lol) and other the other thing is that I have a hard enough time keeping everything straight in this book - I don't think I could add another book into the mix without SERIOUS confusion! haha

I'm glad you were able to re-check it back out right away!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlenook
    I did 20 chapters this weekend to get to chapter 50. I just started last weeks reading for this weeks discussion.
    Wow, that's A LOT of reading!! I've only had to do that once this book (thank goodness!) I don't think it was quite 20 chapters but close!
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Super Moderator

I've posted the last batch of questions! I can't believe this book club is over already, it went by both fast and slow. It's been such a fun experience for me to lead this book club - you've all been a great group and I hope sometime in the future we can all come together again and do this. You've all been incredibly kind and forgiving to me, which I'm extremely grateful for! I know I haven't been a perfect facilitator - with not always getting the questions out on time and things, for that I apologize, I just hope everyone has had a good time with it, as I have.

Even though the book club is done, this forum will stay open and as other people read the book, they can keep dropping comments whenever they want to.

Thanks again, this has been such fun for me, I've looked forward every week to the challenge of coming up with interesting questions, and I hope I've done a sufficient job in that regard. This book club gave me a whole different perspective on The Historian , the first time I read the book I read through it quite fast, just drinking it all in as a marvelous piece of literature. This time around, having to read the book in chunks and having to stop and write things down, it's been an entirely different and unique experience. I've gotten more of the details than I got before because I stopped to think about them.
    Currently reading:

My Shelf Confessions

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678