Chit Chat :)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat :)

Super Moderator

Default Chit Chat :)

Hi everyone! I thought I would start this thread off before we officially start the book club, by getting each of your names. If you aren't comfortable giving your actual name that's ok too. I just think this would be a good way to start to get to know each other better

Of course, everyone is free to discuss everything else here as well, as long as it is not book related (or at least not Historian related!)

My name's April and I'm stoked to be hosting this book club, it's my first one ever, so please be kind to me! LOL
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Chit Chat :)

Greetings to ALL!

My name is Cyn (Cynthia). I am a teacher and live in Florida. I have had my nook since March and have about 370 books on my device.

I just started The Historian today so I would get a head start.

And thanks to April for hosting this book club for us. Thanks, April :dance4:
    ~*~ Cyn ~*~

currently reading: The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (Oct-Nov Book Club Selection)

just finished: The Strain - Guillermo del Toro &
    Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne

up next: The Passage - Justin Cronin

Tom Sawyer

I'm Tina and also a teacher. I live in rural PA.

I'm on chapter 64 and enjoying the book. In fact, I'm supposed to be finishing a different book for another book club, but I keep reading this one.

I love my nook. I enjoy this site so much because I just don't have many friends here who read as I do!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

My name is Stephanie and I work in Grocery Management. My son's name is Rowdy, hence the name. I love to read, scrapbook, can, garden, work out, blog, play with my son, hang out with my hubby all while working about 60 hours a week. Don't ask how I do it because I still don't know!! Oh and I am a major Twi-Hard!

I am almost done with the first 10 chapters! Thanks April for hosting!
    ~*Stephanie*~

Currently reading on Two-Lu - BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia

Bask in my normalcy and read my ramblings on my blog - http://www.rowdysmommy.blogspot.com/

Tom Sawyer

I'm Kat and I live in Maryland. (Are we at a Readers Anonymous meeting? ) I have health issues and can't work or do much physically so I have a lot of time on my hands to read.

I've got around 180 books on my Nook, which I've had since May, and they were all free! I've read dozens more from the library via Overdrive.

I just got The Historian from the library in DTB form and will hopefully be downloading it via Overdrive on Tuesday to take with me on vacation next week. (14+ hours of plane and airport travel each way will mean a lot of reading!)

I'm also currently participating in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy book club and the Romance book club. I've never joined a book club before, and I usually read books straight through, but I thought it would be easier to keep the week's reading straight (and not accidentally write any spoilers) if I only read as far as the week's assignment.

My name is Anne. I am a nanny and I live in Astoria (Queens) New York. I have had my nook since they first came out. I already have started reading the Historian and I love it. It is such a good book.

Thank you April for hosting the book club.

Tom Sawyer

Hi I'm Amy, an accountant and first time book club-er. So far my book club experience 2 promptly disbanded right as I joined, and 2 other times I didn't have the book in time to join. So now that I have the book and a back up audiobook, I expect a zombie apocalypse on October 1st. If your a Terminator fan then you can expect Judgement Day.

But seriously, I can't wait.

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by KatFromMD
    I'm Kat and I live in Maryland. (Are we at a Readers Anonymous meeting? )
    Everyone together now....Helllllloooo, Kat.

~*~ Cyn ~*~

currently reading: The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (Oct-Nov Book Club Selection)

just finished: The Strain - Guillermo del Toro &
    Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne

up next: The Passage - Justin Cronin

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by goodword
    I'm Tina and also a teacher. I live in rural PA.

I'm on chapter 64 and enjoying the book. In fact, I'm supposed to be finishing a different book for another book club, but I keep reading this one.

I love my nook. I enjoy this site so much because I just don't have many friends here who read as I do!
    Wow, Tina, you've been in a reading frenzy obviously!! I love this site too, I have several friends that read (in fact, I'm always loaning then my DTB's) but no one has a nook yet, except my dad, and we don't have the same reading tastes. I love the friends I have here most of all, that's what keeps my coming back every day!

You have to promise to save the last 10 chapters for when we get there as a group, so we are all ending the book at the same time! LOL I know what you mean though about not being able to put it down. This will be my second time reading Historian, the first time I read it, I was so bummed when I read the last page because it seemed to go by so fast, I just wanted to read more more more!

Kat, this very well could be a Reader's Anonymous meeting, or making Nook Owners Unite? I'm in the same situation, health issues so it gives me a lot of time to read

Amy, let's hope this is the first book club that actually pulls through for you!! If something doesn't work out it'll probably be MY fault though, so hopefully FIRST time is the charm for me!

Anne, whenever I think of Astoria, I think of the movie the Goonies, that's the town they lived in, except in Oregon. I LOVE that movie! Have you read the Nanny Diaries, and if so, is your life a lot like that? lol I hope not! The girl in that book had some crazy parents to deal with!!

Stephanie, I would've never have guessed that your son was NAMED Rowdy, I thought that was a nickname.. you know he's a "rowdy" kid I like it as a name though! Is he a Rowdy kid? I think that'd be a kicker if he was really shy and quiet, and he was named Rowdy

Cynthia, sounds like you got your nook about the same time I did. It was like late February, early March (can't remember the exact date now LOL)

I'm so excited that October is almost upon us! I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse book I was reading today, so I am all ready to start The Historian!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Mr. Darcy

Hi, my name is Vickie. I live in southern Illinois and I work part-time out of my home. My husband and I have horses, he rides and I don't, so that gives me time to do lots of reading. I also quilt. I admit since getting my Noel Nookie for Chrstmas, Seems like I read more than quilt! I thank you again for hosting and am looking forward to reading this book. I listened to it in audio form a few years ago, but don't remember all that much. I love a good mystery!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast