The Tether an Urban Fantasy Action Adventure Novel

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Puck

Default The Tether an Urban Fantasy Action Adventure Novel

The Tether: None Good by Nick Davis - A Gritty Fantasy Action Adventure that starts all Stephen King, and ends all James Patterson...

“Hello?” Sarah called out again tapping the phone buttons, “Can anyone hear me?”
    Then Sarah caught a sudden small movement out of the corner of her eyes, and she glimpsed something scuttling quickly across the floor. Instinctively she followed the movement back around the corner of the nurses’ station, and saw what at first looked like a bug move across the floor. Kneeling down she got a closer look at what was actually an unusually small crab.

The strange looking creature stopped as if it was taking a good look at her. It was crab shaped with a dark blue coloring to it. The crab had one tiny pincer and one particularly large misshapen claw. Instead of a smooth shell that you would expect to see on most crabs, it shell was covered in small knots and what looked like barnacles. Sarah reached out to it; the crab-like creature scuttled back warding her off with its large claw.
    “What are you?”
    The crab-like creature continued to scuttle away from her and disappeared around the corner into the opposite corridor. Fascinated Sarah began to follow it when a familiar musty, obnoxious egg smell hit her nostrils and Sarah stopped her in her tracks suddenly filled with dread.
    “Where have I smelt that before?”
    She sniffed again the smell was even stronger, and she could hear a faint scuttling noise. Following the noise and the tracks of the retreating crab creature she turned around the corner and stopped short, her mouth and eyes went wide at the sight waiting for her.

The entire corridor was filled with hundreds of the scuttling crab like creature she saw in the nurses’ station. They flowed around the frozen hospital staff like water and all seemed to be moving around aimlessly. Then as one the crab like creatures stopped and Sarah could feel a thousand beady little eyes staring at her. Feeling uneasy she took a step back bouncing off one of the inanimate staff members and lost her footing on the frozen floor and fell heavily on her bottom. The fall sent a sharp pain through her belly, making her groan. The scuttling crab creatures watched her intently and the nearest one started to move towards Sarah. She kicked it away instinctively with her foot and scuttled herself back on her hands. The creature skidded into its fellow before turning to look at her. For a moment there was total silence and then it was broken by the menacing sound of hundreds of pincers clicking. A hissing sound started to rise from the mass of crab creatures. Not wanting to see what would happen next Sarah’s feet slid on the floor as she tried to back away from the creatures. Finally finding her feet, she turned and started to run back down the corridor, hearing, rather than saw the malevolent tide of crab creatures start to scuttle after her.

Sarah is a troubled student at a Baltimore private school. Through a series of nightmarish events she becomes the reluctant Keeper of a device called the Tether; that allows her to control an Angelic being called Paul and to cast will powered enchantments called Indices. As she races to uncover answers to the Tether's secrets, dark forces give chase to claim the device and Sarah for themselves...

The Tether: None Good deals with Sarah's discovery of the Tether, and chronicles her journey through her first night as the Tethers Keeper. Sinister forces try to track her down to claim her and the device for themselves. She is aided in this journey by CT, the Grandson of the original Tether Keeper. Together with CT they race against the darkness as Sarah discovers the powers she can tap into and how to control the Tethers Angelic Guardian Paul.

Set against the real back drop of Baltimore city this dark urban fantasy by Nick Davis. The novel follows Sarah through a helter-skelter one night journey into a reality that is disturbingly familiar, but has unnatural creatures stalking its shadows.

The Tether: None Good is available in multi-eBook formats at Smashwords at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20156.

The Tether: None Good is available in Nook eBook format at
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Tether-None-Good/Nick-Davis/e/2940011806032/

The Tether: None Good is available for traditionalists in Printed Book format at
    http://www.the-tether.com

About the Author
    Nick Davis is an Englishman currently living on the East Coast of the USA not too far removed from Charm City (aka Baltimore). He is a former White Dwarf feature writer, now freelance content creator and fully employed Web Designer. He is married to a very patient Irish American lady and has four children. When Nick is not working, running errands, playing with his kids or burrowing through an ever growing list of ongoing house 'projects'. He can be found plodding away on a keyboard exploring the worlds of his imagination that takes our reality and twists it around just a couple of degrees...
    The Tether Saga - Dark Fantasy on the Streets Of Baltimore (Learn More Here)
    The Wonder Tales - All Ages Fantasy Adventure (Learn More Here)
    A Teddy Bear Tale - Tristan the Teddy Bear protecting his child from the Monsters under the bed (Learn More Here)
    Learn more about Nick Davis at alt-world.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: The Tether: None Good - A Paranormal Action Adventure Novel

Wow is it December all ready?

Just lost an entire month to NaNoWriMo as I completed the second book in The Tether Series Accept One, due for release early next year.

To get up to speed about the world of The Tether now would be a great time to pick up None Good.
    Arigato,
    Nick D
    A Teddy Bear Tale - Tristan the Teddy Bear protecting his child from the Monsters under the bed (Learn More Here)

Puck

Default Re: The Tether: None Good - A Paranormal Action Adventure Novel

Cool beans!!! Accept One, Book Two in The Tether series is less than 18 days away from its Official eBook release on the Kindle, Nook and other fine eReading devices.

If you are a fan of Paranormal action adventures now is a great time to jump into The Tether universe, come and check it out by picking up None Good, the first book in the Tether saga and sets the stage for a none-stop action paranormal romp. Or as one reviewer put it 'Hollywood Blockbuster' feel to it.

And I like that review a lot

Now go and check out The Tether None Good
    Arigato,
    Nick D

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: The Tether: None Good - A Paranormal Adventure Novel

Well I was kind of hoping I was going to be able to post some wonderful news about the printed copy of the second book of the Tether, Accept One being released in the next couple of weeks, but... We hit a bit of a bugbear...

Check out my full blog entry about the large problem I discover over at my blog at http://www.alt-world.com

Don't worry though, you can still pick up a printed copy of The Tether direct from my website
    Arigato,
    Nick Davis

Puck

Well, about 5 days ago I received the proof copy and found out it has been printed on the wrong size paper, check out my blog on this over at http://www.alt-world.com

Right now after some cover shenanigans everything is back on track, and soon I will be in receipt of the printed proof. Which once approved I will be holding phyisical printed copies of this book in my hand.

Until then, you can pick up Accept One in your favorite ebook format, and thank you again
    Arigato,
    Nick Davis

Puck

Lazy weekend ahead, and a great time to start a non-stop paranormal action adventure. Download it to your Nook or eReader device and find out what happens to Angels on the streets of Baltimore city.
    Arigato,
    Nick Davis

Puck

On Thursday a huge box of books, that are the printed edition of Accept One, the second book in the Tether saga dropped on my doorstep. It is always pretty awesome to see your words in print, this time around the novels are extra special with fan gallery, and huge list of acknowledgements.

Now, are intrigued to learn how The Tether Saga started? The first book The Tether None Good is still available as an eBook for all eReader devices (just follow the links at the start of this topic or in my signiature), or as a traditional printed novel. Find out how Sarah got hold of The Tether and what happened next.

Arigato,
    Nick Davis

Puck

Welcome and good luck with your book!

Puck

Default Re: Young Adult Paranormal Action Adventure - The Tether None Good

Thank you, and good luck with yours too
    Arigato,
    Nick Davis
    Author of the Young Adult Paranormal Action Adventure Series - The Tether Saga

Puck

Default Re: Young Adult Paranormal Action Adventure - The Tether None Good

Been a bit of weird week for me, but I am happy to announce I will attending a book signing for the Accept One, Book two of the Tether Saga at Chucks Comics on February 19th at 12pm

To learn more about Chucks Comics go here - http://www.chuckscomics.com

To learn more about The Tether Saga go here - http://www.the-tether.com
    Arigato,
    Nick Davis

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast