I'll review your book if you review mine...

Mr. Darcy

Default I'll review your book if you review mine...

My romance, Looking For Trouble, was released in October and I'm looking for some reader reviews for Amazon and B&N.com. What I'm proposing is sending you a free copy of my book and asking that you give me an honest (but not too harsh =)) review for Amazon and/or B&N.com. In addition, I'd be pleased to return the favor by doing a review of your book and I'll post it on goodreads, Amazon and B&N.com. Just send me a free copy of your book. I'll also do a feature of your book with the review on my blog which I'll announce it on FB and Twitter.

Since my book is an e-book it'll have to be e-mailed in an .html or word doc, whichever format you'd prefer. I specialize in contemporary but would be happy to do other genres such as, historical, paranormal/fantasy, sweet, suspense or any others I missed. However I don't care for erotica so I would prefer not to do that (sorry!). Depending on how long your book is, I could have it finished in 1-2 weeks. I'm nearing the end of a Cherry Adair book so now would be the perfect time for me to start something new!

If anyone's interested in doing this review exchange with me, e-mail me at [email protected] and we can hash out the details. It's a win-win situation for all!

Erin Kern

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: I'll review your book if you review mine...

Ha. The author's version of "playing doctor" -- do we call this "playing library"?

Tom Sawyer

My perspective is that a review swap can actually make matters worse for both authors. Imagine a scenario where A reviews B's book and hates it. A think it's poorly written, the story is lousy, and it deserves its one star. B is incensed. Although B loved A's story, he's angry and hurt, and he gives A's book a 2-star review when he might otherwise have given it 4 or 5.

An alternative scenario is that A & B honestly love each other's books. They give each other 5 stars. Readers see A's review of B's book and check to see what other reviews (& books) A has written, and discover that B has given A a 5-star review, too. Ah ha! Readers deduce, rightly or not, that it's merely a review swap, and neither review means anything. Not only that, their opinion of both authors goes down because they assume the authors are trying to game the system by posting fake reviews of each others' work.

My advice is to offer free review copies to book bloggers and other readers who have a history of reviewing the books they read. That way, you get honest reviews that readers can trust.

Here are a couple you can start with:
    http://readersfavorite.com/book-reviews.htm
    http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing....ewer-list.html

Good luck!
    K.C. May
    Newly released... The Wayfarer King book 2 of The Kinshield Saga (heroic fantasy)

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "playing library". Would you mind explaining please?

Erin Kern