Polly!--a satirical romance (sort of) by Stephen Goldin - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"What an egomaniac religions think God must be, to crave the adulation of beings so far inferior to himself. Let me give you a piece of advice. If anyone ever tells you 'I'm great and you must worship me,' nod your head and smile politely, then back away slowly until you're out of range and run like crazy in the other direction. You're dealing with someone who's mentally unbalanced, maybe even dangerously unstable. If someone who created the entire universe needs validation from you, he's crazy and unworthy of worship."--Polly

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

"There's always a test. Pay attention."--Polly

"The enemy is entropy."--Polly

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

"Life don't come with warnings. Get used to it."--Polly

"Never underestimate human folly, against which even the gods plan in vain."--Polly

[About Job] "Here's this really great guy, always does the right thing, and God and Satan make this little bet. They kill all ten of his kids, they kill all his servants, they kill all his livestock, they give him boils from head to foot. Just on a bet! What kind of a God is that? This is the Supreme Being you're supposed to turn to as the moral standard of the universe? This is a God with the moral standards of Josef Mengele! What did the children ever do to deserve capital punishment? What did the servants ever do? For that matter, what did the sheep and the camels and the oxen and the she-asses ever do? They're all irrelevant to God. They're not real to him, they're just window dressing, like a guard who stands beside a door just so the hero can kill him. Yeah, Mr. J. gets ten new kids and lots of new servants and twice as much livestock. Do you think that does a fat lot of good for the old children and servants who died just so God could see how his bet would come out?

"The story with Isaac's no better. 'Hey, Abe, why don't you kill your little boy for me? Oops, just funnin' ya. You shoulda seen the look on your face! You didn't think I really meant it, did you?' This is a deity you're supposed to worship? Of all the self-serving, narcissistic, morally decrepit portraits of God in the history of the Earth, these are among the worst."--Polly

Default Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale

Polly may be easy, but she's not cheap. Well, except this month, when you can get her book for half-off.

If you've been enjoying her quotes (above) you should know that, through the month of July, Polly! and all the other great novel-length science fiction and fantasy ebooks from Parsina Press are participating in the Smashwords annual Summer/Winter Sale (summer in the Northern Hemisphere, winter in the Southern). This is the ideal time to get to meet her in person and experience this extraordinary lady for yourself.

Stock up for reading, whichever season you're in. The world of literature is filled with great characters, but I promise you won't find many who are both as funny and as thought-provoking as Polly.

Polly! just got a fine review from Clive Johnson. You can read the review on the Smashwords page.

Don't forget, there's just 9 more days to buy Polly! at half price on Smashwords.

Default Awesome Indie

Polly! has just been awarded a place on the Awesome Indies list of quality independent fiction. That makes me even more proud of it than ever.

Remember, just a couple days left to take advantage of the half-price sale on Smashwords, which ends on July 31.

Pleasant reading.

Default Polly gets a medal

I'm very proud to announce that Polly! has been awarded the Medal of Approval from the group Awesome Indie Authors. These are people who are very serious about upgrading professional standards among indie authors, and I'm honored they felt that Polly! made the cut.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast