Indie Romance Novelists Post Here... - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Puck

Default Million copy NYTimes bestseller HUSBANDS AND LOVERS by Ruth Harris now on Nook!

A lonely wife. A jealous husband. A passionate lover. A gun in a Tiffany bag.

Carlys Webber’s lonely and insecure beginnings fade into the past when, to her own surprise, she gradually begins to climb the executive ladder of a Manhattan public relations firm and attracts the interest of its brilliant chief executive, Kirk Arnold. Her future is threatened when Kirk, her White Knight and loving husband, turns into an angry stranger. She is tempted to find comfort in the arms of handsome and romantic architect George Kouras—even though she knows the consequences can shatter her marriage.
    Will she surrender to temptation?
    Is she willing to pay the price?

"Sharply and stylishly written. Harris writes with intellect, insight and humor." —The Chicago Sun-Times

““A contemporary tale of passion and commitment...steamy and fast-paced, you will be spellbound. Harris is an insightful writer and her empathy for her women, especially the ugly duckling who makes herself into a swan adds a satisfying obbligato of reality.“ —Cosmopolitan

“ A brilliant book. Ruth Harris has all the intellect of Mary McCarthy, all the insight of Joan Didion as she recreates the decades in which her heroines lived.” —The Fort Worth Star-Telegram

About the author
    A New York Times bestselling author, Ruth Harris’s novels have been translated into 19 languages and sold millions of copies in hardcover and paperback in more than 30 countries. Ruth’s fiction was featured by the Literary Guild, Book-of-the-Month Club and book clubs around the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Million copy NYTimes bestseller HUSBANDS AND LOVERS by Ruth Harris now on Nook!

A lonely wife. A jealous husband. A passionate lover. A gun in a Tiffany bag.<br>
    <br>
    Carlys Webber’s lonely and insecure beginnings fade into the past when, to her own surprise, she gradually begins to climb the executive ladder of a Manhattan public relations firm and attracts the interest of its brilliant chief executive, Kirk Arnold. Her future is threatened when Kirk, her White Knight and loving husband, turns into an angry stranger. She is tempted to find comfort in the arms of handsome and romantic architect George Kouras—even though she knows the consequences can shatter her marriage.<br>
    Will she surrender to temptation?<br>
    Is she willing to pay the price?<br>
    <br>
    "Sharply and stylishly written. Harris writes with intellect, insight and humor." —The Chicago Sun-Times<br>
    <br>
    ““A contemporary tale of passion and commitment...steamy and fast-paced, you will be spellbound. Harris is an insightful writer and her empathy for her women, especially the ugly duckling who makes herself into a swan adds a satisfying obbligato of reality.“ —Cosmopolitan<br>
    <br>
    “ A brilliant book. Ruth Harris has all the intellect of Mary McCarthy, all the insight of Joan Didion as she recreates the decades in which her heroines lived.” —The Fort Worth Star-Telegram<br>
    <br>
    <u>About the author</u><br>
    A New York Times bestselling author, Ruth Harris’s novels have been translated into 19 languages and sold millions of copies in hardcover and paperback in more than 30 countries. Ruth’s fiction was featured by the Literary Guild, Book-of-the-Month Club and book clubs around the world.

Oliver

Thank you for starting this thread and giving me an opportunity to promote our newest book: jpManup02Author.jpg

“While I was nothing but a mistake to you; you were everything to me. You were the man that I wanted to look up to and immolate. Why couldn’t you love me?”

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/man-...=2940014715096

A man's tale of how living in the shadow of a deadbeat dad affected his relationships with women, self-esteem as a man and avoiding fatherhood. Have you ever wondered why some men treat women the way that they do? It's not always the mother's fault. Get a deeper understanding of how one man becomes a promiscuous, relationship fearing and emasculated man. Can the love of a good woman save him?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Hi, I'm Maddie Cochere, and I'm a new author. My books are finally on Barnes & Noble this week. I was happy to find this forum today and want to thank DD for starting it. Here is the link and the titles/descriptions of my books:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/maddie-cochere

Sunshine Hunter - Athletic and attractive, Susan Hunter just wants to have a normal life. Working in a weight-loss center by day and a racquetball club by night, she enjoys her life, the sport, and her friends. … When she finds out her new boyfriend of three months is married, she bolts with her best friend to Florida for a week. But someone has followed them, and they are now being stalked. To make matters worse, a murder has been committed back home in Carbide City, and Susan is involved. … Humorous, sometimes ominous, Sunshine Hunter is entertaining and perfect for summer reading!

Big Apple Hunter - Working in a weight-loss center by day and a racquetball club by night, Susan Hunter enjoys her life, the sport, and her friends. … But now she has life-changing decisions to make. Should she accept the new position with Slimmers Weight Loss? Should she give in and move the relationship with Mick to the next level? . . . When Darby has business in New York City, Susan jumps at the chance to tag along intending to indulge in a weekend of shopping. It doesn’t take her long to realize she’s being hunted in The Big Apple. And what does the stalker have to do with Darby’s new client? It becomes a matter of life-and-death when the stalker shows up in Carbide City demanding something that Susan lost in New York.

Sin City Hunter - Susan is in Las Vegas for ten days of work and play. Her parents come in from Dallas to spend some time with her and have their own fun, but fun turns to terror for Susan when a magic act goes wrong. … When a man is murdered, Susan knows who did it. Unfortunately for her, the killer knows that she knows. Her actions in Sin City ultimately put not only her own life on the line but that of Mick’s as well.

Easy, breezy reading from BreezyBooks.com.

Thanks!

Mowgli

I have two seasonal short romances that are free on Nook, 'The Office Party:'

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...man/1120065934

and 'All The Trimmings:'

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/all-...man/1117316671

If you read and enjoy the stories, I would appreciate reviews, recommendations and ratings on B&N ad elsewhere.

Mowgli

My short historical romance, 'High Sea,' is currently free on Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/high...man/1121176105
    If you read and enjoy the story, reviews, recommendations and ratings would be appreciated.

Mowgli

Smile ghost romance for Halloween

Eternally Yours (link to NookBook on BN here) is a contemporary romance featuring a Victorian ghost--on the soft side as far as horror goes.

Here's a short except, from the ghost's point of view:

The notion of an invisible Peeping Tom spying on him disturbed Geoff--and the reminder of his own voyeurism embarrassed him. While he'd lived, he never would have resorted to such a shabby practice. Voyeurs, like critics of poetry, sank to their sordid pursuits because they lacked the capability to participate themselves.

He knew...only too well.

Ashamed and angry about his fate, he banished the other spirit from his mind and floated down closer to the mortals. In the dimly lit room, Lara shone like a diamond--though, admittedly, one "in the rough." If only she would dress in a manner befitting her beauty, she'd be a gem of unparalleled magnificence.

Entranced by her golden curls, he nuzzled up to her neck, trying in vain to detect the scent of her perfume with his useless ethereal nose.

"Oh!" She flinched and rubbed her upper arms, her blue eyes wide as she looked toward Mark. "Where is that horrible chill coming from?"

Horrible? Geoff balked, nearly as startled as she. For a moment he'd forgotten himself--forgotten what he was.

Shoulders sagging, he glided away from her.
    Happy haunting!
    Jen

Tiny Tim

I have my romantic urban fantasy (It is a little more "urban fantasy" than "paranormal romance") available:

Falling Dusk

FallingDusk_promo.jpg

Anna McKenzie just wants her life back. She wants the brutal murder of her brother never to have happened. She certainly doesn't want magic, power, and to deal with a certain vigilante named Victor Prince...
    ...but once the world of magic has claimed her, there is no escape.

Mowgli

Default New Releases from Donna Fasano

Hi, everyone! My name is Donna Fasano and I write sweet romance, contemporary romance, and women's fiction. I have many books available at BN.com for Nook and in paperback. I hope you'll look for them.

I have 2 new releases I'd like to tell you about. The first is a Christmas novella with a heroine on the run. GROWN-UP CHRISTMAS LIST is a sweet romance that's part of my Ocean City Boardwalk Series.

Grown-Up Christmas List 400 x 600.jpg

My other new release is A BEAUTIFUL STRANGER, Book 1 of my A Family Forever Series. Book 2 should be in the Nook Store in Jan.

A Beautiful Stranger.jpg

Happy Holidays to one and all!

Mowgli

'High Sea,' a short romance set in Victorian times, is currently free on Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/high...man/1121176105

If you read the story and enjoy it, reviews and ratings would be appreciated.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112