'Swallow the Moon' - Ghost Story - PNR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'Swallow the Moon' - Ghost Story - PNR

Fall is the time for Ghost Stories!

[img height=350]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-INtoUcQPcUE/TV6vD5zbuNI/AAAAAAAAAFw/DKs-m2wDocA/s1600/Swallow+The+Moon+Small+Cover.jpg[/img]

Swallow the Moon by K. A. Jordan

June called down the moon to find her one true love. A motorcycle from **** dumped Eric on her doorstep.

An accountant for a failing company, June longs for true love. In a Wiccan summoning ceremony, she swallows the moon in an effort to find her soul mate. What she gets is Ohio National Guardsman Eric Macmillan, who owns a cursed Suzuki Hayabusa and two spirits: DEA agent Jake the Snake, and the malevolent stripper Cora Cobra.

Back from Afghanistan, divorced and un-employed, Eric is the third owner of a Suzuki Hayabusa. The other owners are dead, just not departed. He's looking for the artist who created 'Cora's' snake-inspired paint job. When Eric arrives at the scene of Jake's last sting, on a one-of-a-kind motorcycle, all **** breaks loose – someone tries to kill him.

Van Man Go is the world's greatest airbrush artist. He will repaint Eric's Hayabusa, with Eric's soul as collateral. Cora and Jake failed to pay their debts, now the devil wants his due.

Somebody's going to pay, and pay very soon. Who will it be?

Care to take a ride on the Hayabusa from ****?

[img width=600 height=74]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ErsXSRFiFFg/TkUuYmv0a4I/AAAAAAAAAJ0/UGHzXkmKy9c/s1600/Banner+-+StM-haunted+bike.jpg[/img]
    K. A. Jordan - Author of Swallow the Moon, Impressive Bravado, and one opinionated blog Jordan's Croft.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: 'Swallow the Moon' - Paranormal Romance

What are readers saying?

You write such a fascinating story filled with romance and danger. Your heart beats faster as you pour through the pages waiting to find out what fate is awaiting June and Eric. Cold air brushes against your skin as you sense Cora and Jake near, evil lurking wanting to destroy all in their path.

It's good against evil, broken, pieced together lives coming forth and being healed. My heart strings stirred when all June wanted was to be loved and love someone in return.

A really great read.

K. A. Jordan - Author of Swallow the Moon, Impressive Bravado, and one opinionated blog Jordan's Croft.

Here are links to all the sites were 'Swallow the Moon' is available.

Available at Barnes & Noble

Available at Smashwords

'Swallow the Moon' Amazon USA

'Swallow the Moon' Amazon UK

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

A review from Authonomy.com:

Love it. You’ve got a great story here. Your writing is perfect for the genre; your characterization is flawless with every character springing up to life: distinct and fully rounded. I love your descriptions of supernatural and particularly of Cora Cobra (great name, btw), the way you weave them into the narrative. Absolute pleasure to read. Bravo!

Swallow the Moon by K. A. Jordan

Welcome to Ashtabula Ohio, a truely God-forsaken place.

Here you will meet a Witch who will do anything for true love.

A hot biker with a yen for tequila and speed, seduced by a dead stripper named Cora Cobra.

A dead DEA agent who wants revenge on the men who killed him.

And a mad artist who sold his soul to be the best airbrush artist in the world.

Come in to the Iroquois Club - a hotel over 100 years old - and have a beer.

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by K.A. Jordan
    A review from Authonomy.com:

Love it. You’ve got a great story here. Your writing is perfect for the genre; your characterization is flawless with every character springing up to life: distinct and fully rounded. I love your descriptions of supernatural and particularly of Cora Cobra (great name, btw), the way you weave them into the narrative. Absolute pleasure to read. Bravo!
    I just LOVE that cover!!!
    Bestselling Romantic Comedy and cozy mystery author
    Tonyakappes.blogspot.com

Ronnell Porter did that cover.

He totally rocks!

Mr. Darcy

K.A.
    How did you get the picture into the post?
    I haven't put up a book promo because I couldn't figure it out.
    I'll look for your book on Autho and I will watchlist it and read it.
    I have no memory and if I backed the book, I'll back it again as soon as I can.
    My book on Autho is not the same as the BN ebook.
    I could not imagine uploading the Autho book of 7 chapters on a slow connection at BN.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/murkan-plants-one-tomato-strayer/1031520518

The pictures are TRICKY to post. You start with the image button. Then it comes back with img in square brackets. Then you put the URL between the img and the /img

img width=600 height=74]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DMPVSyIzDF8/Thxfv3lhABI/AAAAAAAAAJY/dFsGvvT8SdQ/s1600/Banner+-+StM.jpg[/img

That's the code for mine. The trick is that you HAVE to have the picture posted to a blog or photosite or something for it to work.

There are very few settings that convey Paranormal better than a city with a distressed economy.

One day, I want to go to Braddock PA to write a novel. But for now, I'm going to use Ashtabula. It has the lake, the quaint setting of Bridge Street, the faded grandure of the Iroquois Club, and the woodlands and back roads where Eric initially gets lost.

He got cleaned up and dressed. The bar was still closed, so he left via the back stairs. He wanted coffee and something to eat. Eric walked up Bridge Street to the bakery on Lake Avenue, the only place open this time of day. He drank enough coffee to float a boat in an attempt to get rid of his hangover.

When that didn't work he walked down to the beach. Walnut Beach was a deserted stretch of white sand, open and inviting. Gulls wheeled overhead or bobbed in the water. Waves broke on massive stone blocks or sandy shoreline. He crossed two parking lots to a span of grass and sand. The grass was stiff with frost, the wind chilly as the dawn broke on the water.

In spite of cold air, the flat sand was irresistible. He kicked off his shoes and ran a mile down the beach on cold hard sand. Wavelets chased his feet, gulls started from the shore to wheel overhead.

He ran, focused on the moment, cold air, cold water, hard sand under his bare feet. He covered a mile in good time – kept going for another mile before he stopped. He caught his breath for a moment before he turned around. He took the two miles back at a better pace. Felt his head clear as his blood sang through his body.

It was glorious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast