Finding Kate Huntley by Theresa Ragan, $2.99

Mr. Darcy

Default Finding Kate Huntley by Theresa Ragan, $2.99

During a vacation in the Caribbean, fifteen-year old Kate Huntley’s father, a prominent U.S. scientist, is murdered before her eyes. For the next ten years Kate grows up alone in Haiti, one of the most dangerous and poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere. Not a day goes by that she doesn’t think of her father. Kate pushes herself to become stronger, mentally and physically. Every day is a struggle for survival. And yet she lives for only one reason…revenge.

While looking for a drug lord via satellite in Port-au-Prince, Haiti’s capital, Jack Coffey, rookie FBI agent, spots Kate Huntley. Jack is sent by the agency to find Ms. Huntley and bring her back to the States. They have many unanswered questions about her father’s death. A professional and responsible man, Jack is confused by Kate’s lack of cooperation. He wants to help her return to the States where he believes she’ll be safe, but she treats him like the enemy and refuses to go. Everything about her is a contradiction. She looks fragile and innocent, but every time he turns around she’s putting another thug in his place. In the beginning Jack wonders if Kate’s distrust of his superiors is warranted or just simple paranoia. In the end, Jack realizes nothing is as it seems. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/find...kate%2bhuntley

"The story is complex, intriguing and fraught with tension of every sort. The plot is well-developed and is guaranteed to keep you turning the pages until long past bedtime. I enjoyed every moment I spent in the world Theresa Ragan created and found Finding Kate Huntley to be one extremely satisfying read." --Tracy Riva Reviews

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

"The story is complex, intriguing and fraught with tension of every sort. The plot is well-developed and is guaranteed to keep you turning the pages until long past bedtime. I enjoyed every moment I spent in the world Theresa Ragan created and found Finding Kate Huntley to be one extremely satisfying read." --Tracy Riva Reviews *****

Mr. Darcy

4 1/2 stars, 8 ratings. Barnes & Noble $2.99
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/find...kate%2bhuntley

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

"The fast-paced plot sweeps the reader along with barely time for a deep breath. I loved the action-filled suspense that kept me guessing to the climax. I also loved the relationship between Kate and Jack as it built from sex and developed into a true romance. FINDING KATE HUNTLEY is a book that will please readers on many levels. I recommend it highly to anyone who reads romance, mystery, suspense, and adventure."
    --CClemmons 5-star review

Mr. Darcy

"When Kate Huntley was fifteen, she saw her father murdered during a Caribbean vacation off the coast of Haiti. He barely managed to save Kate after he fought off his attacker. Who would harm her father? He was a harmless scientist working to find a cure for AIDS. She lives to avenge him, and remains in Haiti's tough backstreets--where life is hard and lives come cheap. She manages to remain under the murderer(s) radar.

Ten years later, while gaining mental and physical strength with her continued determination, she works for a charter business in Port-au-Prince. But she has not yet found her father's killer nor avenged her father's death. Every day she thinks of him and heeds her father's final words, "Trust no one!" She vows she will never be caught helpless again and has turned into a real kickass heroine. Although she is strong and capable, there's a sense of inner vulnerability to her too that I found endearing. Without her knowledge, her image is caught on a routine satellite photo that alerts the FBI. They want to talk to her about her father's death and why she's remained missing.

Jack Coffey is a rookie FBI agent sent to find missing Kate and bring her home to the States. At the same time, he is being framed. He realizes he's been naive and feels foolish, but decides to fight back. Now he trusts no one--something he and Kate have in common. He is a charming man, and a real hunk. Kate discovers him following her after being told a man has asked for her. She confronts him, and their race begins. He doesn't understand why she won't trust him; she doesn't understand why he trusts people who have betrayed him.

The fast-paced plot sweeps the reader along with barely time for a deep breath. I loved the action-filled suspense that kept me guessing to the climax. I also loved the relationship between Kate and Jack as it built from sex and developed into a true romance. FINDING KATE HUNTLEY is a book that will please readers on many levels. I recommend it highly to anyone who reads romance, mystery, suspense, and adventure." --Carolyn smith, 5 star review