Introducing myself and Boomerang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puck

Default Introducing myself and Boomerang

Hi everyone, and thanks Rachel!

My name is Alan Hutcheson and I have a novel called Boomerang.

Here is Boomerang's first Smashwords review. Five Stars!:

Great fun from start to finish. The various antics of the characters had me laughing out loud as I visualized the situations. I loved following the old lady sisters, Amelia and Doreen (they were so real that I could almost hear their conversations) and Ted and Jerry (that guy had more stuff he was into than poor Ted could keep up with). If that wasn't enough, add in the alphabet soup of government agencies and “the clothing optional former onion festival queen". I had no idea how it was going to end and couldn't wait to find out. This will definitely be on my to-be-read-again list.

Boomerang is a comic novel that brings a wide range of characters together as they all try to retrieve a hollowed out boomerang containing a secret that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover in the early 1970's. The eventual and inadvertent heroes are a couple of constantly down their luck jazz musicians who are involved only because they desperately need money to get their instruments back. This isn't a Good Guys vs. Bad Guys sort of story, because nobody is without a blemish or three to their character, but I can promise that all of the characters are memorable, and you never know who you might find yourself cheering for before the whole thing ends.

Boomerang is available as an ebook from Smashwords, Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I offer autographed paperbacks through http://boomerangthenovel.blogspot.com/ and unsullied copies can be had from any online bookseller.

Half of all royalties earned (and may I mention that the $1.99 ebook on Smashwords generates better royalties than the ten dollar paperback) are going to the Mountain View High School Toro Band.

New Smashwords Coupon for Nook Boards Members Only: HD26A
    Good until January 31, 2010.

Best to all,
    Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson
    author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

Boomerang at Barnes and Noble

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Default Re: Introducing myself and Boomerang

Thanks Alan! I have picked up your book and I look forward to checking it out!

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Thanks Alan! I have picked up your book and I look forward to checking it out!

Rachel

Rachel,

Thanks!

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Now back to my Novel In Progress!

Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson
    author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Hi everyone.

I wanted to let you know that the coupon for a free ebook download of Boomerang at Smashwords just has three days left. The response to the ebook version has been tremendous these past several weeks, but I will be shifting gears and doing a promotion relating to the paperback version (heresy!) after the ebook coupon expires.

Of course, if you have already gotten your free ebook and think maybe a friend who hasn't made it fully into the electronic age would like an autographed copy of Boomerang (I'm telling you, it's going to be valuable one of these days, probably put somebody's kid through college) I will post info on the paperback promotion here. And when that's done, we'll see about another ebook special!

Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Administrator

Alan - Tweeted about your book today: http://twitter.com/NookBoards

Thanks again for sharing it with us!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Alan - Tweeted about your book today: http://twitter.com/NookBoards

Thank you!
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

When I first tried the coupon it did not work. I tried it a second time and now I have the book. Thanks ;D

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria
    When I first tried the coupon it did not woik. I tried it a second time and now I have the book. Thanks ;D
    Wow, I'm sorry about the problem the first time. And I'm so glad you gave it another try!

Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Quote Originally Posted by Plumboz
    Wow, I'm sorry about the problem the first time. And I'm so glad you gave it another try!

That happens sometimes on Smashworks. When I realized that it was not the 15 yet. I tried it agian. I am going to wait and read it on my nook. It sounds good. Thanks for the free offer. ;D

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    That happens sometimes on Smashworks. When I realized that it was not the 15 yet. I tried it agian. I am going to wait and read it on my nook. It sounds good. Thanks for the free offer. ;D
    Anne,

Glad it worked. Please let me know how it looks on your new nook. I really hope you enjoy Boomerang.

Alan
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast