Fast-paced, intellectual mysetries for Nook readers

andrewkent

Default Fast-paced, intellectual mysetries for Nook readers

I'm the author of two mystery novels -- "Spam & Eggs" and "The Green Monster." Here's a little bit about each of them:

"Spam & Eggs: A Johnny Denovo Mystery"
    When a mysterious spam email lands in his in-box, Denovo already is a world-famous detective, known for his aura of invincibility and A-list clients. What’s hidden in the email sets in motion his newest case – of technological wizardry, Fabergé eggs, defense secrets, and rhyming couplets. Attempting to thwart a crime not-yet-committed and elude its mysterious perpetrator, Johnny and his cohorts ricochet from the familiar haunts of their Boston home turf to a Virginia horse farm to the narrow streets of Montpellier, France, culminating in a dangerous cat-and-mouse game.

“This is a book that in fact puts the writing of a lot of very seasoned and famous mystery writers to shame. . . . My fellow mystery fans, this book is not to be missed. If true talent rises to the top then this is not the last we have heard from Johnny Denovo and his creator Andrew Kent.” - The Book Friar

“. . . like a Dostoevsky novel, or Auster’s City of Glass, you get the sense throughout this book that the novel is about more than its subject. There’s an undercurrent of double meaning to the entire novel, which is an impressive accomplishment and makes you keep turning the pages to see what will be revealed. You get this sense of double meaning from the title itself – I won’t give away what “Spam and Eggs” is actually referring to, but when the detective Johnny Denovo pieces together the case that revolve around – yes – spam and eggs, the novel truly comes alive. . . . it’s recommended and I’ll be keeping an eye on whatever Andrew Kent puts out in the future.” - Henry Baum, author of “North of Sunset”

“Andrew Kent’s book is very fast paced and contains a cast of well-developed characters. The plot is unique, as is the writing style. This book is different from any other that I have read. “Spam & Eggs” is a clever, intellectual mystery that will leave you wanting more of Johnny Denovo in the future. I look forward to many more intriguing cases!” - RebeccasReads.com

“Andrew Kent has created a character so memorable and distinct that he will surely dazzle on-screen someday as he dazzles in a book. . . . [the book has] a fast-paced, exciting plot involving vivid characters and geo-political interests. But what really sets this book apart is the author’s mastery of language, vocabulary and metaphor. Reading it is an utter delight, as much for the sheer pleasure in superb writing as for the story itself. Bravo to a new author whose originality explodes from these pages. Highly recommend.” - The Urbane Dame

“Wow! ‘Spam & Eggs’ is a fast-paced, intelligent thriller fueled by the author’s razor sharp observational skills, understanding of metaphor and psychology, and inspired intuition. It challenges you with an impossible puzzle, then resolves with delightful surprises and a satisfying soufflé of a finish.” - Sharon Livingston, PhD

“Andrew Kent successfully delivers in this debut both an interesting sleuth as well as a cyber-crime that surprises and challenges the thoughtful reader. . . . Kent writes a satisfying, literate, and neatly executed tale of detection. There is a balance in “Spam & Eggs” between the logical structure of the mystery form chosen by the author, and the nuances of perception and misdirection caused by the reader’s tendency to make assumptions (in much the same way that a detective is required to do in the course of his work). Indeed, the title itself playfully draws on words and symbols which percolate throughout the material. . . . The book avoids predictability, in part because of the running themes that deepen the story. Kent touches on the nature of metaphors, self-presentation in both a physical and virtual sense, the nature of detection, and the brain processes necessarily employed in solving puzzles. Recommended.” - MyIndividualTake

"The Green Monster: A Johnny Denovo Mystery"
    When neuroscientist John A. Novarro was separated from his past and given a new identity as Johnny Denovo, the Denovo name quickly sent a chill through the world of high-stakes criminals. And while they try to adapt, he keeps picking apart their primal signals – the metaphors that betray them. In this, his second published case, Johnny’s hired by a bio-tech mogul facing a bizarre form of blackmail and a disruptive pattern of corporate espionage. Within hours, Johnny’s drawn into a mystifying mirrorscape of secrets and half-truths. He soon discovers a cabal exploiting a venerable Boston landmark as part of an even more sinister plot. Running out of time and facing a certain threat, Johnny must use his unique abilities to untangle truth from fiction and discern friend from foe – even as his strength wanes, his options collapse, and his adversaries rush to complete their plans. Will his mind and muscle endure to the end? Or will he become a forgotten footnote to a devious plot with timeless roots?

"Looking for an absorbing mystery that is chock full of twisting plots and tantalizing clues? A mystery which is too intricate to be solved by reading the first few pages? Then this is the right book for you. . . .The title derives from a seating section in a baseball stadium from where one of the blackmail conspirators sends messages. But that is far too simplistic an explanation of all that happens in this novel. Ultimately Johnny is caught in a web of conspiracies, terrorists and global threats. How Kent manages to tie all these various threads together is amazing. The book captures your attention from the first page to the last. . . . My only question is how long do we have to wait to see Johnny at work on his next case?" - The Urbane Dame

"This latest addition to the Johnny Denovo series of mysteries has got to be the best one yet. Hired by a CEO of a bio-tech corporation, Johnny’s assignment is just to find out who was blackmailing the man. What Johnny gets into and what he finds goes much deeper and more sinister than just a simple blackmail scheme. . . . From a simple blackmail scheme to a matter of national security, “The Green Monster” by Andrew Kent has it all. It is an intricate read with many branches and lots of action and required me to read it all in one sitting. It is not the kind of book you can put down and pick up later. It is definitely a multi-layered book and will require your undivided attention. The quality of the book is top notch. It is a fast-paced read and the 263 pages go by before you know it. . . . definitely a mystery that keeps you guessing till the end." – ReaderViews.com

"Andrew Kent’s new novel, “The Green Monster,” proves that everything in New England revolves around the Red Sox. In this, his second mystery novel following the exploits of supersleuth and Red Sox fan Johnny Denovo, Kent’s characters traverse Yawkey Way, greater Boston, and the wilds of rocky New Hampshire to foil a sinister plan that makes even a Sox loss to the Yankees seem trivial. Addictive and fun, “The Green Monster” weaves baseball action into a fast-paced blackmail plot, creating a top-notch detective story that readers of all types will find hard to put down." – Bill Ballou, sportswriter, Worcester Telegram & Gazette

"In “The Green Monster,” Johnny Denovo takes on his second mystery. In this installment he is hired by a man in the bio-tech industry who wants Johnny to find out who is blackmailing him. The case ends up being much more complicated than it first appears and Johnny is drawn into a plethora or conspiracies, threats, and plots. Kent has a very intellectual slant to his mystery writing which I find to be quite enjoyable. However, it is a novel where your full concentration is required so that you are able to keep up with all of its intricacies. I had the pleasure of reading Andrew Kent’s first Johnny Denovo mystery which is entitled “Spam and Eggs.” When I finished that book I was looking forward to reading more as I enjoyed Kent’s unique and intellectually stimulating writing style. Therefore, I was very excited to see this newest Denovo mystery, “The Green Monster” and after reading it I can say that it certainly held up to, if not passed, the high standard mark that was set by his first book." – Rebecca’s Reads

"Another great book from Mr. Kent! I ordered the physical copy, and then downloaded a sample of the electronic copy so I could get started. However, upon getting a taste, I couldn’t get enough and I ordered the full meal and stayed up late finishing it off. There are plenty of twists and turns along the way, and Johnny Denovo has his hands full with his latest case, but when you have friends like Tucker the Terrible around, you know Johnny will rise to the occasion and save the day." – Amazon customer review

You can buy the books in print through Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Books-a-Million, Powells, and other online stores.

You can buy the e-books through Amazon (Kindle), Barnes & Noble (Nook), and Smashwords (multiple devices).

Happy reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Default Re: Fast-paced, intellectual mysetries for Nook readers

Thanks for sharing your books with us!! Just for the ease of those on this board, here's where they can pick up your books on B&N or Smashwords:

Spam & Eggs: A Johnny Denovo Mystery: Smashwords ... Barnes & Noble

The Green Monster: A Johnny Denovo Mystery: Smashwords ... Barnes & Noble

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

andrewkent

Thanks, Rachel! You're a good moderator!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Twitted (?!) about your books today Andrew! www.twitter.com/nookboards Thanks for sharing them here with us.

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson