nookcolor web "favorites" and "the daily" questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lillian22

Default nookcolor web "favorites" and "the daily" questions

How does one establish web favorites on the new nookcolor? The support PDF document has instructions but it doesn't fit the nookcolor that I have just bought. It seems to relate (maybe) to an older nook model. I can't find a "favorites" icon on my nookcolor. Also, where is "the daily" on the nookcolor - same problem - no icon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: nookcolor web "favorites" and "the daily" questions

Hello Lillian and welcome to nookboards. Sorry that you have not had a reply sooner but not many of us actually have nook colors yet. Fortunately for you I do. To set a "favorite " for your web browser you first must navigate to your favorite site by tapping the URL area of the browser and entering the address. Once you are there you tap on the star symbol (which is the icon for favorites) and on the top left you will see a small thumbnail that respresents your current page and it will have a plus sign and the words ADD. Tap on that to add it to your favorites. All your favorites are navigated to by tapping the star icon. I hope that makes sense.

Secondly I have not found "the daily" feature to be a part of the nook color and as far as I'm concerned that is a plus as I never liked it. It was never used properly or the way I think it should have been.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Mr. Darcy

The Daily has disappeared from the NC. The Daily Shelf is in...but that is essentially newly downloaded content and available magazines, etc. No articles or anything like the Daily.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by lillian22
    How does one establish web favorites on the new nookcolor? The support PDF document has instructions but it doesn't fit the nookcolor that I have just bought. It seems to relate (maybe) to an older nook model. I can't find a "favorites" icon on my nookcolor. Also, where is "the daily" on the nookcolor - same problem - no icon?
    there is a preloaded favorite that is called the "b&n review" the daily is there with lots of other articles.
    So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen

Mr. Darcy

Interesting...I don't see B&N Review in my Favorites or library...I'll have to see what's up. Thanks!

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickKanouse
    Interesting...I don't see B&N Review in my Favorites or library...I'll have to see what's up. Thanks!
    You are quite welcome
    So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    Hello Lillian and welcome to nookboards. Sorry that you have not had a reply sooner but not many of us actually have nook colors yet. Fortunately for you I do. To set a "favorite " for your web browser you first must navigate to your favorite site by tapping the URL area of the browser and entering the address. Once you are there you tap on the star symbol (which is the icon for favorites) and on the top left you will see a small thumbnail that respresents your current page and it will have a plus sign and the words ADD. Tap on that to add it to your favorites. All your favorites are navigated to by tapping the star icon. I hope that makes sense.

Secondly I have not found "the daily" feature to be a part of the nook color and as far as I'm concerned that is a plus as I never liked it. It was never used properly or the way I think it should have been.

Kevin

Kevin I did not know you have a nook color

Quote Originally Posted by Anne

Kevin I did not know you have a nook color
    Yep! The wife bought me one as an early Christmas present. She knew how much I love my nook classic and when B&N announced the nook color she said that I had to have one. I didn't give her much of an argument!

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Puck

Yep! The wife bought me one as an early Christmas present. She knew how much I love my nook classic and when B&N announced the nook color she said that I had to have one. I didn't give her much of an argument!

Kevin
    Good strategy, its not goog to argue lol

Kevin
    That was so sweet of your wife. How do you like it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast