Charger/Stand for Nook color

Tom Sawyer

Default Charger/Stand for Nook color

Just dreamin' here
    The Nook color has a shorter battery life than the original and a different charger cable. Reading with it plugged in is a pain.
    A possible solution was staring me in the face. My Palm Pre Plus is sitting on its Touchstone Charging Dock, held in place magnetically, charging and ready to go, nothing to plug or unplug.
    It would be nice of there was a Nook stand that could hold it in a comfortable reading position and charge the battery when it is sleeping. It would not charge as fast, but sitting there all night should do the trick. If it can be done with electric toothbrushes and phones, why not with the Nook?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Charger/Stand for Nook color

I use the box it came in as a stand. I just turn it upside down when I go to bed and plug it up.
    So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen

Mad Hatter

Look under Nook Stands: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...sg8840#msg8840

I've got the Book Gem, but my 'classic' Nook has to be out of its case to be used in it.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by jrlt
    I use the box it came in as a stand. I just turn it upside down when I go to bed and plug it up.
    What's nice about the Touchstone is that there is no need to plug the phone in to charge. It works by induction, just place it on the stand and it charges.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by cbtengr
    What's nice about the Touchstone is that there is no need to plug the phone in to charge. It works by induction, just place it on the stand and it charges.
    Yes, I can see that I went off the path... Looks like you're looking for a type of dock.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    Yes, I can see that I went off the path... Looks like you're looking for a type of dock.
    Yes, the one for my Palm Pre looks like a hockey puck with an angled top. When you put the phone on it, a magnet grabs it and it begins to charge.

Oliver

there's a petition for a nook dock - check it out here http://www.readerdock.com/index.php/...dock-petition/

Oliver

Default Pre-order a ReaderDock!

The ReaderDock N-Station pre-order has begun at http://www.readerdock.com. Pre-order to save $5, get free shipping and reserve your place in link when shipping begins.

Oliver

Default ReaderDock Clearance Sale

The ReaderDock N-Station (docking station with speakers) for the Nook Color and Tablet is on clearance for $49.99!
    http://www.readerdock.com/index.php/docking-stations