completely lost....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oliver

Default completely lost....

I received a Literati for Christmas and HATED it. I just returned it and picked up the Nook Color instead. I am so completely, totally and utterly lost, so I have a couple questions.

Locally, we have a library where you can "check out" ebooks. (the website is http://cclsys.lib.overdrive.com/ if you need that to help me figure out my problems). I cant figure out how to get the books to my Nook. is .odm a file that Nook doesnt support? (thats the format the books look like they come in?). I tried saving it to my computer and dragging it to my F drive with no success. Connected to the actual website from my Nook and tried that way, no luck. What am I doing wrong or will these books just not work on the Nook no matter what I do?

Also.... I bought a book when I got my Literati.... is there any way to get that book to my Nook or is that ALSO a format that isnt compatable?

I got the ereader, but cant figure out how to read on it (lol). I dont want to start out buying all kinds of books until I decide if this is a keeper or not. After messing with it for the night, so far its not a keeper because I cant figure out how to USE it. Im so frustrated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: completely lost....

@ khrivnak: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS and lets see if we can work through your Nook issues.

So, take a look at the instructions here - With the exception of which library you are using, this is a pretty good step-by-step: http://www.piercecountylibrary.org/f...-guide_001.pdf

I am hoping another techie can answer the question about the eBook that you got for use on your Literati.

Have you looked at the NC user guide either on your device or here?

http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/noo..._NOOKcolor.pdf

Donna

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    @ khrivnak: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS and lets see if we can work through your Nook issues.

So, take a look at the instructions here - With the exception of which library you are using, this is a pretty good step-by-step: http://www.piercecountylibrary.org/f...-guide_001.pdf

I am hoping another techie can answer the question about the eBook that you got for use on your Literati.

Have you looked at the NC user guide either on your device or here?

http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/noo..._NOOKcolor.pdf
    I wne to your URL. You ned to read and understand the quick start guide. Librarys use Digital Right Management (DRM). So you cannot simply download a loaner book and move ot to your Nook. They tell you to download the free software. So download and install Adobe Digital editions. Register it with the exact e-mail etc that you registered your Nook with. Then you can begin to check out books from the library. I highly recommend you read the guides they provide and read them end to end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

And if you have any problems there are tons of threads on here about Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Just use our search feature.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

I did get it figured out, thank you all for the suggestions. John... patience is not a virtue of mine Once I did some reading, I figured out it was the Adobe Digital Editions that I was missing. I was able to download and read my books and, thankfully, transfer the book I had already purchased from kobo.

Thanks!!!!

Tiny Tim

Kevin,

Don't feel bad. I am like you. I read the users manual as a last resort on any toy or gadget I buy. LOL

Tiny Tim

If you were a working tech, you'd know that the mantra has always been "If all else fails, get out the manual." I've seen (and done) that for 25 years...

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by gtriever
    If you were a working tech, you'd know that the mantra has always been "If all else fails, get out the manual." I've seen (and done) that for 25 years...
    Or sometimes the 'help' function, too.

Donna

Puck

Or as I like to say, did you read the manual afterwards to see what you did wrong?

d'Artagnan

Default Re: completely lost.... p

Anyone read the OWNERS MANUAL for their car?
    MikFinkel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast