Help-problems downloading books from B&N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oliver

Default Help-problems downloading books from B&N

am getting fed up with B&N issues lately. Ever since Christmas, when they must have had a huge influx of new users, I've had problems buying books. I have mainly been using library ebooks with no issues, but trying to download books from B&N is a PITA.

Today I bought 3 books from my computer. Took over an hour or so for them to show up on my nook. I kept checking new content, and they wouldn't show. So I shut it off and turned back on and they were listed. Great. I went to go read one, and the stupid thing wasn't downloaded! Then why was it listed in my library?! If I would have realized that I would have tried to download hours ago. Now I want to read it and can't. So I'm trying to download and it's currently Queued: Will complete shortly. 20 minutes later and still nothing.

So I tried to download the books to ADE so I could just load onto my nook. I download them and open in ADE and get an error that Document is licensed for a different user account. Ugh! I have no idea why I'm getting that now.

I want to scream. I have a 3G version, which is just laughable now. I feel like it takes hours to download a book anymore so what is even the point of having 3G! I actually had free time to read tonight and I've wasted it trying to figure this out!

Anybody else having these problems still? I figured they'd be resolved by now after the holiday madness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: Help-problems downloading books from B&N

I've WiFi and have had no problems (Minus the Holiday Rush). Bought two books today and they downloaded quick and easy.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by jagilki
    Bought two books today and they downloaded quick and easy.
    Ditto ^... It's the first time in a while, too.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

No problems on my end of things...Buy a book via the NC and poof its there, as well as on my computer. I am using wifi by the way..
    Living in my own Private Idaho...

Super Moderator

This happened to me about a week or so ago, maybe a little more. I bought books and then when I went to open them I saw I had to Download them instead of just clicking "Read". It was annoying. The first book I tried to Download, came up the same as yours "in queue" (which I had never gotten before, so I was stumped), I just waited a few minutes and then tried again, and this time they all downloaded. I haven't had a problem since..

It is definitely annoying though when you see the books on your nook and then you have to Download them. B&N really needs to get their bandwidth and stuff in gear.. whatever is going on with their network/system, needs to be fixed so things are more streamlined. I have a friend who bought a nookcolor (got a nook classic for christmas and returned it for a nookcolor) and bought several books, and has not been able to open them. He's had several strokes of bad luck lately so he's been unable to stay on the phone long enough to get ahold of somoene from B&N who can help him with his problem. I feel so bad because the nook is such a great device, it sucks that people are having trouble getting books.
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    This happened to me about a week or so ago, maybe a little more. I bought books and then when I went to open them I saw I had to Download them instead of just clicking "Read". It was annoying. The first book I tried to Download, came up the same as yours "in queue" (which I had never gotten before, so I was stumped), I just waited a few minutes and then tried again, and this time they all downloaded. I haven't had a problem since..

It is definitely annoying though when you see the books on your nook and then you have to Download them. B&N really needs to get their bandwidth and stuff in gear.. whatever is going on with their network/system, needs to be fixed so things are more streamlined. I have a friend who bought a nookcolor (got a nook classic for christmas and returned it for a nookcolor) and bought several books, and has not been able to open them. He's had several strokes of bad luck lately so he's been unable to stay on the phone long enough to get ahold of somoene from B&N who can help him with his problem. I feel so bad because the nook is such a great device, it sucks that people are having trouble getting books.
    Exactly! I love my nook, but ever since Christmas it has been a pain to buy any books. Luckily I've been doing a lot of library ones, so those have been easy. But B&N needs to get its act together. I've had my nook since April and never had any issues until after Christmas!

They did actually download last night but it was about a 5 hour ordeal!

Mr. Darcy

I was trying to download a book via 3G yesterday and it would not download to save its life. I had to go to my local BN and use their wifi to get it to download. (Lucky BN is only 3 miles from my house) I am beginning to wonder about the 3G system in general I like the 3G I really do not want to drive to download books from now on, but time will tell

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by luckystar2
    am getting fed up with B&N issues lately. Ever since Christmas, when they must have had a huge influx of new users, I've had problems buying books. I have mainly been using library ebooks with no issues, but trying to download books from B&N is a PITA.

Today I bought 3 books from my computer. Took over an hour or so for them to show up on my nook. I kept checking new content, and they wouldn't show. So I shut it off and turned back on and they were listed. Great. I went to go read one, and the stupid thing wasn't downloaded! Then why was it listed in my library?! If I would have realized that I would have tried to download hours ago. Now I want to read it and can't. So I'm trying to download and it's currently Queued: Will complete shortly. 20 minutes later and still nothing.

So I tried to download the books to ADE so I could just load onto my nook. I download them and open in ADE and get an error that Document is licensed for a different user account. Ugh! I have no idea why I'm getting that now.

I want to scream. I have a 3G version, which is just laughable now. I feel like it takes hours to download a book anymore so what is even the point of having 3G! I actually had free time to read tonight and I've wasted it trying to figure this out!

Anybody else having these problems still? I figured they'd be resolved by now after the holiday madness.
    ADE is not compatible with BN books.

For some reason, the downloads seem much slower for the Nook classic than for the Nookcolor. I bought a book today and it downloaded to my NC in seconds, but took about ten minutes for the Nook.

Tiny Tim

So what's what it is, a network problem. I bought few books via a PC on Friday and they wouldn't show up on Nook after clicking 'check for new content'. I thought there was a problem with my nook for a second. Then I went into my B&N account on my PC again and logged in to my account and checked if the purchased books were there, and there they were. After hitting 'check for new content' on my Nook again they started appearing on my library, all the new books I just then bought along with Kaplan books that were offered for free a while ago of which I completely forgot. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or I actually pushed the new content to download on the Nook by logging into my B&N account.

Mr. Darcy

Without a doubt the biggest annoyance I have with my NC is having to deal with ADE. I work with computers quite a bit and I still find the program awkward and unintuitive. So to now discover that it's "not compatible with B&N books" really POs me. The response you get, as noted above, is completely useless. The books are NOT licensed to another user! But now at least I know to just go around ADE as much as possible and really only use it for library books.

I understand the logic behind the process (as a hopeful writer I'm in favor of protecting the author's right to make a buck) it's stupid and clumsy and frustrating. None of which helps the process of getting people to read the books.

Once again though I need an answer and find it within a minute here on the boards!
    Peace
    Jay

Just a guy trying to make it in this
    craxy, mized up world...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast