Archiving?

Thread: Archiving?

Tiny Tim

Default Archiving?

I have a question... Once I've read a book, I archive it. I'd like to get it off my nook so that's one less title I have to see on there But even though I archive it - the cover is still in my library with the download button on it. I thought it would completely remove it? Isn't that what it's supposed to do? Granted, it's a free book - and I don't normally re-read books, so if I have to just delete it I will - I just thought that was the purpose of the archive feature?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Archiving?

I know on the classic Nook there is an option to hide archived eBooks on the device. Unfortunately I don't know how to tell you to find that option on the Nook Color, although I'm sure it would be in the user guide.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Tiny Tim

Thank you - I will search the user guide for it

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

My archived books don't show in my library on the nook color. Maybe try powering off the nook and rebooting.

Tiny Tim

So far the only think I've figure out (which will work OK) is that it creates a seperate bottom shelf in my Nook Library that shows archived books. So I just remove that from my regular shelf. The powering on and off didn't do anything... I plan on trying to make it to one of the NookColor classes one of these months, just hard when I live 45 min. away from the closest B&N.

Puck

Purpose of archive is so it's no really taking up space and so it's not constantly in your face. If you really don't want to see it you must delete it from your library. They didn't ask me or I would have it work Differently! LOL

I will be a monkey's uncle. It appears that it is not possible to hide archived eBooks on the Nook Color. There is nothing in the user guide about it, at all. This is very strange to me, since this is a feature of the classic Nook.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by vzfamily
    So far the only think I've figure out (which will work OK) is that it creates a seperate bottom shelf in my Nook Library that shows archived books. So I just remove that from my regular shelf. The powering on and off didn't do anything... I plan on trying to make it to one of the NookColor classes one of these months, just hard when I live 45 min. away from the closest B&N.
    The bottom shelf is normal. I didn't realize that you could show them in your Library. Huh, learn something new everyday.

Oliver

I want to know how I can retrieve an archived book to read. I have the NOOK color and when I go to "My Shelves" my archived books are there. But when I click on the book I want to read, it gives me only the Recommend, Customer Reviews, etc. How can I read the archive book? Thanx in advance!

Puck

When you go to the archived books you should see a green download button. Just be sure you are in a wifi area when you try to redownload