Books stuck in Downloading Limbo????

Oliver

Default Books stuck in Downloading Limbo????

Has anyone ever had this issue? I am totally and completely new to all things Nook related, which translates to totally and completely clueless. (lol) So I'll tell you what I know and what I can't for the life of me figure out. Hopefully, one of you Nook-vets will have an answer (or 10) for me.

What I Know:
    • My Nook is connected to a credit card. (This has already been suggested by another user here on the boards.)
    • The epub books I've downloaded/purchased from other sources and brought into my Nook work perfectly and downloaded onto my Nook without issue.
    What I Can't Figure Out:
    • Some of my books (seemingly random choices) that I've opted to download from the B&N store (all free because I unfortunately don't have the money for books atm) are stuck in some sort of "download limbo". They are showing as "downloading" but aren't making any progress. And me in my ignorance, I can't figure out how to either stop and restart the download or jump-start the download.
    Has anyone ever run into this problem before? If so, how do I fix it? I managed to delete one book thinking that if I then re-tried it would begin again. Only to have it get stuck in "download limbo" again. I'm so frustrated I want to cry.

Any and all help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Okay, I was going to edit my previous post but I can't figure it out. (One more thing I don't know about this.) Anyway, I forgot to mention that there are a few titles that show "download" on them. I click "download" the bar shows up, fills up and I assume that it's downloaded. Only the "download" shows back up on the bottom of the title again and I don't have the book! And I've turned my Nook off and on again - Nothing!

HELP! Please!

Try turning the device all the way off that should interrupt the current download and allow you to try again. Make sure your wifi signal is strong and try only one or two books at a time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

I thank all of you for your advice concerning my Downloads that are currently stuck in limbo; however, NOTHING has worked. I have completely turned my Nook off a half dozen different times only to turn it back on and find them still stuck in limbo. I've tried to move them to my "Archived" folder thinking when I went to move them back out maybe it would reset them. Nope, they are now stuck in limbo and trapped in my Archived folder. I can't get them back out now.

You can an-archive them via the B&N web page, but that doesn't fix the download limbo problem. I'm working from NC experience so there may be some glitchy NT answer I am unaware of. Resetting to factory settings would start you over from scratch, but I would hesitate to do that unless I had no other options. I'd probably bite the bullet and try calling B&N tech support. I've only had the download limbo problem once so I don't have any other solutions. The B&N message board might have some experience with this if nobody else here does. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Oliver

Default Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up having to completely wipe out and unregister my Nook and start over to fix the issue. On the bright side, everything is fixed and corrected itself once I re-registered my Nook. I just wish I knew what caused the problem in the first place so I could avoid it in the future.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and tips! I really appreciate it.