I hate my nookcolor with 1.4.1 !!!!!

Oliver

Angry I hate my nookcolor with 1.4.1 !!!!!

I've had two B&N NOOKCOLOR chat episodes and one phone support since the 24 hours of having firmware update 1.4.1. The phone support finally referred me to another company to try and hellp...so no resolution!

I loved my NOOKCOLOR with firmware update 1.3.1. It did everything I wanted. I use very little of the NOOKCOLOR 1GB of memory. Most of my use of the NOOKCOLOR was from a MICRO SD card. I used a 16GB card that had PDF and MP3 files of research material.

I installed the 1.4.1 firmware update and it will not read my MICRO SD card. I get a 'cannot read this format" I thought it might be because of the 16GB so I tried a 4GB one and still no luck. I completely DEREGISTERED the NOOKCOLOR and re registered. When it registered it automatically loaded the 1.4.1. I am still in the same boat. I have inserted the MICRO SD card and it will show the contents but will not bring anything up on the MICRO SD card.

It looks like someone is going to get a sweet deal on a three month old NOOK COLOR, If this cannot be changed...it's gone.

Any suggestions????

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Just got fnished with yet another tech support person....it's been decided that my issue is a CRITICAL one and R&D will have to design a 'patch' and send it out with the next update...while I wait on that my NOOKCOLOR is unusable to me.......................ain't that grand!

Oliver

OK, so I'm still dealing with my nook not playing the mp3 files on the expansion card. I drove 80 miles one way to my closest Barns&Noble. The two nice guys were not able to remedy it either. So,one of them got on the phone with tech support. He was on the phone for about a half hour.
    The person from tech support took my serial number of my nook and did something that when I got home and formatted my microSD and reloaded every thing back on it....it would work...WRONG,,,,WRONG,,,,,WRONG!! I think B&N have just programed the updates so that it won't play anything that is not downloaded from their company.

This nook color ....there is nothing wrong with it from B&N's point of view.....so, anyone interested in a nook color?
    make me a deal.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Did you try an erase and deregister?
    So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen

Oliver

3 months old? How about $125?